The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Danila Klimovich | C

2 minutes ago, Kootenay Gold said:

That may be true to some extent where free and fair elections are held but that is not the case in Belarus. Alexander Lukashenko is a dictator or autocrat and has been since 1994 but the common people of Belarus are really not much different than we are.

We're not so hot. Look at how our the people who were here before us got and continue to get treated. Embarrassing. 

Edited by Chris Thornycroft
spelling.
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Chris Thornycroft said:

We're not so hot. Look at how our the people who were here before us got and continue to get treated. Embarrassing. 

I very much agree about that. My next door neighbors are indigenous and a family of 5. They are really good neighbors and the kids are great kids. I can not say that about a few of the other neighbors on the block.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

1 hour ago, Stierlitz said:

Danila is currently on tryout contract with the KHL club Dinamo, Minsk. Yesterday he played exhibition game vs Admiral, Vladivostok (KHL club from Eastern conference) with 2 points (1G, 1A).

Sounds like he’s going to be playing in the KHL.  He comes over here in two years, and steps right in on his elc.  That’s a win for us.  

• Thanks 1

Good article on the kid here: https://www.vancouverisawesome.com/canucks-hockey/canucks-take-a-big-swing-on-danila-klimovich-at-41st-overall-in-2nd-round-of-the-draft-3982772 . Some highlights:

Hockey Prospect: “The defining feature of Klimovich is how many available options he has within his skillset to create and generate plays. He can force opponents into slowing their play against him by using his dynamic and adaptive hands in combination with his poise and deception. He can mix up his playmaking and shooting options well, due to having primary ability in both. He’s dangerous from distance, he’s dangerous in motion, he’s dangerous from stationary positions and he’s dangerous in tight around the net area.”

Director of NHL Central Scouting Dan Marr: “The size, the skills, the hockey sense are all there for him to be an offensive producing player and he’s consistent in his approach. He’s got NHL speed and competes hard. Now, he does have a flair for the dramatic at times, but that’s good. It means he’s confident, but, every shift, he’s first on pucks, always going to the net and he’s got that knack to be open and available to get that shot off.” 

Elite Prospects: "“Even if the Belarus team was outmatched in most of their contests, the winger never let up. He worked defensively every shift, forechecked and backchecked with an intensity that few could match on the ice, and managed more than his share of puck steals, turning some of them into breakaways or odd-man rushes.”"

Sounds like a good second-round pick to me.

• Thanks 1

https://thehockeywriters.com/danila-klimovich-2021-nhl-draft-prospect-profile/

Klimovich is a highly creative goal scoring forward with an NHL caliber shot and a compete level that is off the charts. He also knows how to finish his chances, which is something that can elude a lot of players striving to be consistent offensive producers. All in all, he has all the skills of a top line forward, which makes it hard to believe that we are just discovering him a couple of months away from the draft. I guess if he was playing in a more prominent league like the KHL or MHL, we probably would have known about him sooner.

All in all, Klimovich’s name is one to keep an eye on, as he could become a steal in the first few rounds. North America could be seeing more of him in the coming seasons too, as he was drafted in the 2020 CHL Import Draft by the QMJHL’s Rouyn-Noranda. If he does ultimately come over from Belarus, I’m sure he will quickly become a household name, that is, if he isn’t already.

Quotables

“The size, the skills, the hockey sense are all there for him to be an offensive producing player and he’s consistent in his approach. He’s got NHL speed and competes hard. Now, he does have a flair for the dramatic at times, but that’s good. It means he’s confident, but, every shift, he’s first on pucks, always going to the net and he’s got that knack to be open and available to get that shot off. He’s on the top line and is the top scorer and he’s one of the first forwards coming back on the play.” – Dan Marr, director of NHL Central Scouting

“While his skill is clearly raw, he’s got a quick release and, in a similar vein as Alex Ovechkin, he has a knack for finding open ice – something Klimovich considers a strong point in his game. Klimovich has agile hands that allows him to control the puck effectively and while his skating isn’t anything special, he can move the puck at a nice speed.” – Steven Ellis, The Hockey News

I have zero info on this kid. Looks like his shot is lethal, I disliked some of his positioning away from the puck from a 2 minute youtube clip I saw but aside from that this is an interesting pick. I think this team needs somebody to drive plays for the team in the middle six so I'm hoping he's one of them! 

Sweet name! 

55 minutes ago, B.C.Renegade69 said:

I’ve never seen a custodian without a terrible look… go figure

O.K. that does it, it's on now pal!     :)

55 minutes ago, stawns said:

The custodian at my school is an absolute beauty!

Why thanks! :)

Some of you teachers rock too, actually most of them.

Signed Gurn

on call, custodian for school district 47.

Edited by gurn
  • Cheers 1