The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Danila Klimovich | C

2 hours ago, Canuckster86 said:

Disagree Mr. Vegas, losing Gadj and sitting Podz over some veteran who was on a PTO is not the best choice for those younger players, 1 is now on the Sharks who just happen to have some size and grit. When Garland is your most aggressive forward your team is soft as Charmin and will NEVER win a Stanley Cup

I like to divide hockey into four aspects.

Character, IQ, Skill, and the one that can't be taught, size.

Deviations can be made in each category but not big ones.

Character is my top asset in hockey.

Character players are the ultra-competitors. Winning is not an option, it's a must. Losing a game is not ok with them weather the game is meaningless or not.

Character players are never good enough in their minds. There is always room to improve.

They will be the ones who take the hits to make the plays and will always be there for their teammates..

They are the real dressing room presences and say what needs to be said, good or bad.

Character players practice what they preach and lead by example.

I agree, for the most part, on your assessment of Garland but not because of status as a player but because of the team needing to take pointers from him and finding their own inner beast.

Of course I don't mean for players like Petey to go out there and drop the gloves with anyone but, I do believe there are other players on the team that can pick it up in the physicality department. Chajsson could be  a little more assertive in his play. Bo Horvat does know how to play a physical game and should be a little more ", in your face,"

Podkolzin was touted as being a gritty, edgy player who will throw down on occasion. I haven't seen much physicality, as of yet.

Overall, team mean and physicality needs to elevate.

• Cheers 2

3 hours ago, Googlie said:

How are you defining "aggressive"?

Never meant in hits and maybe the word I used was wrong, but he is our best $&!# distruber who will get his team going by starting a scrum or not backing down...something the Charmins I mean Canucks have been doing for a very long time

• Cheers 1

31 minutes ago, Stierlitz said:

Best quotes from Coach Cull (by Chris Faber, Canucks Army):

“Yeah, for sure I do,” said Cull when asked if he is seeing early flashes of excellence from Klimovich. “Sometimes it gets us in trouble, sometimes it’s really good. I certainly don’t want to kill that. He’s a creative young man, he’s still a very young man but he’s learning how to play so we’re kind of giving him some leash and we will just see where it goes. I don’t want to stymie his development at all or that swagger that I think he’s brought.”

There’s a lot to learn for the youngster but Cull doesn’t want to blast him with changes just yet. He is enjoying the confidence from the kid and doesn’t want to see that disappear from his game.

“A lot of Google Translator,” said Cull as he chuckled when asked how his relationship with Klimovich has been so far. “Honestly, we’ve had him in a few times to talk. He’s an 18-year-old, I want to make sure I’m more of a father to him right now instead of being too aggressive. We’ve got to give him some leash. We want to let him show what he can do and I think it’ll be an interesting decision on wherever it ends up going as his future or wherever he goes.”

Good quotes from the coach. I've watched the last couple games and have been impressed how he's been given equal treatment through ups and downs. It'll probably stay that way even if they lose a few.

Too bad Green doesn't have the freedom to do the same with Podkolzin but his approach will work out just fine too, fans just have to be paitient.

Haha. Fat chance. 

3 hours ago, Stierlitz said:

Best quotes from Coach Cull (by Chris Faber, Canucks Army):

“Yeah, for sure I do,” said Cull when asked if he is seeing early flashes of excellence from Klimovich. “Sometimes it gets us in trouble, sometimes it’s really good. I certainly don’t want to kill that. He’s a creative young man, he’s still a very young man but he’s learning how to play so we’re kind of giving him some leash and we will just see where it goes. I don’t want to stymie his development at all or that swagger that I think he’s brought.”

There’s a lot to learn for the youngster but Cull doesn’t want to blast him with changes just yet. He is enjoying the confidence from the kid and doesn’t want to see that disappear from his game.

“A lot of Google Translator,” said Cull as he chuckled when asked how his relationship with Klimovich has been so far. “Honestly, we’ve had him in a few times to talk. He’s an 18-year-old, I want to make sure I’m more of a father to him right now instead of being too aggressive. We’ve got to give him some leash. We want to let him show what he can do and I think it’ll be an interesting decision on wherever it ends up going as his future or wherever he goes.”

I love Cull he took the long route so I think he’s learned a lot before he got to the pros he knows his players and what they need.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, DS4quality said:

He was told to get a place, he's staying in the AHL this season.  Good for him, maybe we call him up and he can score a couple goals for us at some point soon

Yeah the way he is playing, I don't think the Q is going to be an option. He just might get a few games in with the big club, my guess is maybe 5 but who knows, maybe injuries come up

On 10/25/2021 at 7:00 PM, komodo0921 said:

I like to divide hockey into four aspects.

Character, IQ, Skill, and the one that can't be taught, size.

Deviations can be made in each category but not big ones.

Character is my top asset in hockey.

Character players are the ultra-competitors. Winning is not an option, it's a must. Losing a game is not ok with them weather the game is meaningless or not.

Character players are never good enough in their minds. There is always room to improve.

They will be the ones who take the hits to make the plays and will always be there for their teammates..

They are the real dressing room presences and say what needs to be said, good or bad.

Character players practice what they preach and lead by example.

I agree, for the most part, on your assessment of Garland but not because of status as a player but because of the team needing to take pointers from him and finding their own inner beast.

Of course I don't mean for players like Petey to go out there and drop the gloves with anyone but, I do believe there are other players on the team that can pick it up in the physicality department. Chajsson could be  a little more assertive in his play. Bo Horvat does know how to play a physical game and should be a little more ", in your face,"

Podkolzin was touted as being a gritty, edgy player who will throw down on occasion. I haven't seen much physicality, as of yet.

Overall, team mean and physicality needs to elevate.

That’s why Green cut McEwan and Gadjovich, and now we have the pleasure of watching the Oilers run over us and we see no come back against it.