The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Danila Klimovich | C

3 minutes ago, gurn said:

O.K. that does it, it's on now pal!     :)

Why thanks! :)

Some of you teachers rock too, actually most of them.

Signed Gurn

on call, custodian for school district 47.

Sorry gurn but you're a dude so fugly from my side, although like reading your input

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Stierlitz said:

Interesting to note that Danila participated in the last world championship in May-June 2021 with the Belarus national team. He was extra forward in the first four games, then played on 4th line against Switzerland and on 1st line in last game vs. Russia.

He’s gonna be our fourth line C out of camp 

:bigblush:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Vermette9 said:

Being a European draft pick, can he come over and play AHL/ECHL ? Or the fact that he was drafted in the chl import draft means he has to play for them if he comes over ? 

That's still up in the air I think.  My understanding is that if your rights are owned by a CHL team, you're ineligible, but others have said that's not right.  It's pretty tough to find a definitive answer

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Kootenay Gold said:

That may be true to some extent where free and fair elections are held but that is not the case in Belarus. Alexander Lukashenko is a dictator or autocrat and has been since 1994 but the common people of Belarus are really not much different than we are.

Eh,if they wanted him truly gone they'd be in the streets for weeks. And if they were beaten they'd take up weapons and go at it for keeps.

• RoughGame 1

11 minutes ago, Tre Mac said:

Well Benning does know how to draft forwards with lethal shots and he has a decent name so hopefully this pans out.  

Can you say Pastrnak?  This guy is going to a super good player for us.  

4 minutes ago, stawns said:

That's still up in the air I think.  My understanding is that if your rights are owned by a CHL team, you're ineligible, but others have said that's not right.  It's pretty tough to find a definitive answer

He needs to sign a contract with the CHL.  He hasn’t don’t that, so he can play wherever he wants.

6 minutes ago, stawns said:

Yeah I can't seem to find it anywhere saying if youre drafted by a chl team, you have to play there coming over. But I mean if he doesn't have to I'd love to see him in Abby/ ECHL learning the NA game playing against men, as he's filled out and ready for the challenge . 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

He needs to sign a contract with the CHL.  He hasn’t don’t that, so he can play wherever he wants.

I think you may be right about that Alf. If he indeed has not signed a contract with them then he is probably free to sign somewhere else; be it the KHL, CHL or AHL. I do not believe the minimum 20yr age for the AHL applies to players out of Russia. Not sure about that though

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Vermette9 said:

Yeah I can't seem to find it anywhere saying if youre drafted by a chl team, you have to play there coming over. But I mean if he doesn't have to I'd love to see him in Abby/ ECHL learning the NA game playing against men, as he's filled out and ready for the challenge . 

The only thing I can find that gives any sort of hint is that if the players is drafted "out" of the CHL, he is ineligible for the AHL until he is 20, but I can't find confirmation on players drafted by, but not playing for, a CHL team

• Like 1

1 minute ago, B.C.Renegade69 said:

This is what I hope for, need to bring in a face off coach!!

There are a few guys every year who surprise and make the jump but it would be just that, a surprise (albeit a pleasant one lol). 

1 minute ago, Kootenay Gold said:

I think you may be right about that Alf. If he indeed has not signed a contract with them then he is probably free to sign somewhere else; be it the KHL, CHL or AHL. I do not believe the minimum 20yr age for the AHL applies to players out of Russia. Not sure about that though

It was posted earlier the guy is trying out for a KHL team right now.  In his first game he got a goal and an assist.  He is already too good for the CHL.  But it would be fun to watch him dominate though.  

@AlflivesI found this article from the CHL regarding the import draft and the risks associated with it that you may find of interest. 

The Import Draft has inherent risks that teams must assess, before making a draft pick which costs $2,000 up front. Drafted players may choose not to report, therefore teams want to be certain a player will. Potential draftees have often been previously chosen in the NHL Entry Draft, and thus have an incentive to report to a CHL team because NHL teams want prospects closer for development. Also, there is more exposure to scouts in North America for imports not drafted by an NHL team. Competition with the KHL Junior Draft for the same player is also an obstacle. Imported players usually prefer playing in the CHL instead of the United States Hockey League, due to the higher level of competition.

Most CHL teams have contacted few players in advance of the draft. Scouting these players is difficult as most teams do not employ European scouts, but rather rely on videos and limited exposure at international tournaments Players may also have professional contracts in European domestic leagues. The current system can be compared to an auction, where teams are bidding for services in competition with these other leagues, and have to pay large release fees.

Once an import draftee reports to a CHL team, there is also risk involved in whether the player adapts to being far away from home, the ability to speak English or French, playing on smaller ice surfaces, and the more physical North American game. There is a year-long moratorium on trading the pick, once in the CHL, which is to prevent bidding for services by larger market clubs. One benefit of selecting an import player before he is drafted into the NHL, is that he is treated like a North American player in the sense that he will either have to play in the CHL or NHL, and not in the American Hockey League

• Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Kootenay Gold said:

@AlflivesI found this article from the CHL regarding the import draft and the risks associated with it that you may find of interest. 

The Import Draft has inherent risks that teams must assess, before making a draft pick which costs $2,000 up front. Drafted players may choose not to report, therefore teams want to be certain a player will. Potential draftees have often been previously chosen in the NHL Entry Draft, and thus have an incentive to report to a CHL team because NHL teams want prospects closer for development. Also, there is more exposure to scouts in North America for imports not drafted by an NHL team. Competition with the KHL Junior Draft for the same player is also an obstacle. Imported players usually prefer playing in the CHL instead of the United States Hockey League, due to the higher level of competition.

Most CHL teams have contacted few players in advance of the draft. Scouting these players is difficult as most teams do not employ European scouts, but rather rely on videos and limited exposure at international tournaments Players may also have professional contracts in European domestic leagues. The current system can be compared to an auction, where teams are bidding for services in competition with these other leagues, and have to pay large release fees.

Once an import draftee reports to a CHL team, there is also risk involved in whether the player adapts to being far away from home, the ability to speak English or French, playing on smaller ice surfaces, and the more physical North American game. There is a year-long moratorium on trading the pick, once in the CHL, which is to prevent bidding for services by larger market clubs. One benefit of selecting an import player before he is drafted into the NHL, is that he is treated like a North American player in the sense that he will either have to play in the CHL or NHL, and not in the American Hockey League

Thanks!  Sounds like the guy is interested in coming to play here, or the Q team wouldn’t have used an import selection on him.  I hope he does, because I see him dominating.  Easily score 50.  

• Like 1