The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Danila Klimovich | C

On 11/13/2021 at 4:38 PM, Alflives said:

Seriously, how can Canuck fans be excited for other teams’ prospects?  Newhook isn’t ours!  Why in the heck would you want him to do well?  This makes no sense, unless you’re an Av’s fan.  

because this is the CDC where anything can and does happen.. ;) well just when you thought you heard everything...  

1 hour ago, VegasCanuck said:

Considering how Russians develop players, it would be really unlikely that he would get much playing time there. He's better off here, learning English and learning a 2 way game. Remember how frustrated everyone was last year, with how little playing time Podkolzin was getting?

He's 18 years old and he's playing in a professional league. That is a HUGE win for us as an organization. Him sitting and watching for a game or two and gaining perspective, is NOT a bad thing.

I agree with you Vegas, as long as he is benefitting from it.

If they feel he would be better served in a lesser league, than sending him to the SHL, allows the Canucks to have better control, than he would in the KHL....

.....aka minutes, etc......and different roles, such as PK, PP, Checking line, etc.

But only if the Canucks deem he would benefit from it

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, VegasCanuck said:

Considering how Russians develop players, it would be really unlikely that he would get much playing time there. He's better off here, learning English and learning a 2 way game. Remember how frustrated everyone was last year, with how little playing time Podkolzin was getting?

He's 18 years old and he's playing in a professional league. That is a HUGE win for us as an organization. Him sitting and watching for a game or two and gaining perspective, is NOT a bad thing.

I agree on Podkolzin, but it would be a different situation with Danila. Podkolzin was on a KHL contract. If Danila is sent to Dynamo Minsk, it would be on a loan agreement, in which case Canucks would dictate the conditions of the loan, including playing time and deployment.

4 hours ago, VegasCanuck said:

Yup I remember Podkolzin being scratched quite a few games in the KHL. 

• Cheers 1

22 hours ago, J.I.A.H.N said:

Lend him to the SHL

Can they do that if he's under CHL contract???

Interesting that the Huskies have another Belarussian 17 year old 2022 draft eligible Daniil Bourosh(Bourash). https://www.eliteprospects.com/player/619376/daniil-bourosh

Currently 3rd on the team in scoring.

Edit: Wait is he under CHL contract, KHL contract or neither? 

Edited by hammertime

2 hours ago, RomanP said:

I agree on Podkolzin, but it would be a different situation with Danila. Podkolzin was on a KHL contract. If Danila is sent to Dynamo Minsk, it would be on a loan agreement, in which case Canucks would dictate the conditions of the loan, including playing time and deployment.

Their coaches and management still make the decision on playing time, he's better under our direct control.

41 minutes ago, EternalCanuckFan said:

It might not hurt to give Danila the "NCAA treatment" with a lot of practice/training time and less game time, at least at this stage of his career and even if he stays in the AHL.  He's still so young.

Trent Cull, head coach in Abbotsford did an interview recently where he said Klim is doing the work they are asking of him to refine his game and are not worried about his point production so much as to make him a better over all player

• Cheers 2

18 hours ago, hammertime said:

Can they do that if he's under CHL contract???

Interesting that the Huskies have another Belarussian 17 year old 2022 draft eligible Daniil Bourosh(Bourash). https://www.eliteprospects.com/player/619376/daniil-bourosh

Currently 3rd on the team in scoring.

Edit: Wait is he under CHL contract, KHL contract or neither? 

The Canucks signed him this summer, so he's on his ELC. He can be loaned, but I believe the Huskies and Dynamo Minsk hold his rights in the CHL and KHL, so he would have to play for those teams if loaned.

On 12/2/2021 at 1:13 PM, VegasCanuck said:

Yeah. I think Klimovich is going to be fine. 18 years old, in a new country, playing in a professional league, and learning to live on his own while also learning a new language. He’ll be fine. If he’s still struggling at 20, then that’s a different story. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

6 hours ago, Sp3nny said:

The Canucks signed him this summer, so he's on his ELC. He can be loaned, but I believe the Huskies and Dynamo Minsk hold his rights in the CHL and KHL, so he would have to play for those teams if loaned.

I think it’s best that he remains in Abby, where the Canucks as an organization can control his development. The key word there is controlling his development and play. 

If he’s loaned to another league and team, we have little to no control.