The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Danila Klimovich | C

9 hours ago, RomanP said:

So, you choose to ignore the fact that there was a serious research into the matter? Just because you are used to specific form of development?

Ok but...what development?

Again and I know this might come as a surprise.

Since 2005/2006 the Canucks have successfully drafted only 11 PLAYERS who have played more than 200 games, 5 of which were drafted top 10.  4 of which came from the same draft

If that is a "specific form of development" that serious research was put in to, then it was simply research to figure out why those results were so gd awful and what the hell went wrong with them.

Wanna know how many total draft picks were made by the canucks in that time?  It is not pretty like at all.  The results are less than a 6% success rate for development.

Get your chummy with Klimovich and we ALL want him and our prospects to succeed, but I stand by my statement.  if he makes it it will be IN SPITE of the Canucks development program, not because of.

With the twins taking over in short order things might change for the better.  But, I am hesitant to ever laude the last 15+ years of Canucks development as any sort of well thought out, researched or successful program

Edited by Warhippy
  • Like 1
  • There it is 1

3 hours ago, Warhippy said:

Ok but...what development?

Again and I know this might come as a surprise.

Since 2005/2006 the Canucks have successfully drafted only 11 PLAYERS who have played more than 200 games, 5 of which were drafted top 10.  4 of which came from the same draft

If that is a "specific form of development" that serious research was put in to, then it was simply research to figure out why those results were so gd awful and what the hell went wrong with them.

Wanna know how many total draft picks were made by the canucks in that time?  It is not pretty like at all.  The results are less than a 6% success rate for development.

Get your chummy with Klimovich and we ALL want him and our prospects to succeed, but I stand by my statement.  if he makes it it will be IN SPITE of the Canucks development program, not because of.

With the twins taking over in short order things might change for the better.  But, I am hesitant to ever laude the last 15+ years of Canucks development as any sort of well thought out, researched or successful program

Bud, I never argued with you about the past. I’m talking about potentially changed approach only this season and asking to wait to pass judgement. It’s easy to criticize.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Curmudgeon said:

I stumbled on YouTube videos of Yuji Nishida. Amazing vertical jump and killer spike. I heartily recommend you give his highlights videos a look.

Yes he is amazing. I like Ishikawa more though. I love watching the japan team play. Amazing defense and very quick attacks.

Edited by AV's Coin

9 hours ago, RomanP said:

Bud, I never argued with you about the past. I’m talking about potentially changed approach only this season and asking to wait to pass judgement. It’s easy to criticize.

Then...what are we even talking about?

Because my comments are about blown development and the risk of continuing bad habits with prospects 

He's playing in the AHL and was as an 18 year old. It's normal for teams (ALL TEAMS), to take a step back with a prospect and help him analyze and improve his game. All teams do this.

For teams to be successful at the NHL level, players must EARN their playing time and must be SHOWN how to play the game the right way. This kid has loads of talent, but he also could easily become a floater if he's not shown and forced to play in his own end as well and defend.

Edited by VegasCanuck
  • Like 3
  • Cheers 1

14 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

We have to keep reminding ourselves he’s only 19.

Even our best prospects were not in the AHL performing at his age. It’s not an easy league for any player let alone a teenager.

Im glad we finally have a prospect that can stew down in the minors for 3 or 4 seasons. It’s what great development teams like LA and Tampa do.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

53 minutes ago, Kootenay Gold said:

Curious as to why you think that.

They are just not as close as everyone seems to think. There are no problems between them, so don't overthink it. Having Podkolzin assigned to Abbotsford has the same affect on Danila if someone like Hoglander was assigned to Abbotsford, that's all.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

36 minutes ago, RomanP said:

They are just not as close as everyone seems to think. There are no problems between them, so don't overthink it. Having Podkolzin assigned to Abbotsford has the same affect on Danila if someone like Hoglander was assigned to Abbotsford, that's all.

That's pretty fair. Though having someone else to talk to without a language barrier issue is probably nice to have even if they aren't best friends yet.

37 minutes ago, RomanP said:

Does Klim know if he adds meanness (even fighting) to his game that with his size and skill he would increase his chances at an NHL career?  Do our prospects get this kind of advice?  I know we tried that approach with Tryamkin, but it wasn't in his nature to be that type of player.  Might be old fashioned thinking, but sure didn't like seeing Podz in that fight a few weeks back.  Clearly we need to help our guys at least learn how to protect themselves?  

• Vintage 1

4 hours ago, Alflives said:

Does Klim know if he adds meanness (even fighting) to his game that with his size and skill he would increase his chances at an NHL career?  Do our prospects get this kind of advice?  I know we tried that approach with Tryamkin, but it wasn't in his nature to be that type of player.  Might be old fashioned thinking, but sure didn't like seeing Podz in that fight a few weeks back.  Clearly we need to help our guys at least learn how to protect themselves?  

He’s listening to what he’s being told by Sedins, not by me ::D. I can help out with day-to-day questions about life in Canada, not on ice things.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • There it is 1