2020-21 Team: HIFK U20 / U20 SM-sarja
Date of Birth: February 26, 2003
Place of Birth: Espoo, Finland
Ht: 6-foot-4 Wt: 176 pounds
Catches: L
Position: Goaltender
NHL Draft Eligibility: 2021 first-year eligible

https://thehockeywriters.com/aku-koskenvuo-2021-nhl-draft-prospect-profile/

https://canucksarmy.com/2021/07/01/5-goalies-canucks-could-draft-2021-nhl-entry-draft-koskenvuo/

Edited by bigbadcanucks
  • Thanks 1

K.

Another goalie.

Like the pick and all but the years go by and the lack of viable depth at certain areas in the organization is starting to get glaring.

How bout all them RHD though?  Holes don't fill themselves

Edited by Warhippy
  • Cheers 1

12 minutes ago, bigbadcanucks said:

Aku Koskenvuo

2020-21 Team: HIFK U20 / U20 SM-sarja
Date of Birth: February 26, 2003
Place of Birth: Espoo, Finland
Ht: 6-foot-4 Wt: 176 pounds
Catches: L
Position: Goaltender
NHL Draft Eligibility: 2021 first-year eligible

https://thehockeywriters.com/aku-koskenvuo-2021-nhl-draft-prospect-profile/

Great write up on him.  Essentially has all the tools to be a starter.  The positioning piece is just coaching and we have the right coach for him.  Up to 4 years at Harvard will help too.  He is a great pick in the 5th round.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

14 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

K.

Another goalie.

Like the pick and all but the years go by and the lack of viable depth at certain areas in the organization is starting to get glaring.

They drafted one with the 140th

…I think…

Edited by Johnny Torts
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

33 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

K.

Another goalie.

Sure JB will take another RHD.   We also need goalies to develop too, so cheer up.  It’s not the worst thing JB had ever done and I think Mikey and Silvos are being promoted.  This would give the Harvard Finn 2 solid NCAA hockey years to being signed to an EPO, in time to promote Silvos.  

got Clark might as well work the side angle and profit from being a goalie factory.  

22 minutes ago, Johnny Torts said:

They drafted one with the 140th

…I think…

They did, a physical guy with a great shot.  Afraid to say this, Hippy is a bit low, but this guy is a RHD, really skates well in 3 directions.  Apparently, who knew, there are 4 skating directions.  But, the kid is a RHD, so it’s a rainbow during a a squall… 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Warhippy said:

K.

Another goalie.

Jack Bar slid to this round too and we could have nabbed him with this pick, overager must've meant why he fell as I thought he was a 3rd round pick or early 4th. 

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Canuckster86 said:

Jack Bar slid to this round too and we could have nabbed him with this pick, overager must've meant why he fell as I thought he was a 3rd round pick or early 4th. 

More likely to get a star goalie in that spot.

I feel Morrow would have been their guy but they just missed out.

Either way we’re gonna have to solve that problem long before any of these picks come to fruition.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

More likely to get a star goalie in that spot.

I feel Morrow would have been their guy but they just missed out.

Either way we’re gonna have to solve that problem long before any of these picks come to fruition.

yup at some point we need RHD

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Canuckster86 said:

yup at some point we need RHD

We sure do but we need talent ticking over in all positions to develop depth at all positions.  That's what it takes to win.  So at the draft it's pretty much always best to take the BPA.  I think that Benning and co. are particularly good at doing that.  We can address specific holes through other means.  This seems like a great pick for the 5th round.  Smart players are never a bad thing.  GCG!

1 hour ago, nux_win said:

We sure do but we need talent ticking over in all positions to develop depth at all positions.  That's what it takes to win.  So at the draft it's pretty much always best to take the BPA.  I think that Benning and co. are particularly good at doing that.  We can address specific holes through other means.  This seems like a great pick for the 5th round.  Smart players are never a bad thing.  GCG!

Nice to see someone from your area on here. My wife has relatives that live there. Her relatives are connected to the East Kootenay's.

• Cheers 1