The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Hugo Gabrielson | D

Dazzle

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/21/2021 at 8:10 PM, Dixon Ward said:

I just reread this entire topic and I didn't see anyone even remotely fantasizing about his future. Your hyperbole regarding the comments on here is a bit ridiculous actually.  If you have a problem with fans, on a fan site, showing hope and cautious optimism about a prospect when they hear some good news about them, you probably should find a new hobby. 

I'm curious what his handle on HF is? He posts here like the truly toxic negative nellys do over there. Will never understand the appeal of being that way.

On 9/16/2021 at 1:22 AM, Alienhuggyflow said:

I'm curious what his handle on HF is? He posts here like the truly toxic negative nellys do over there. Will never understand the appeal of being that way.

When some people are really unhappy with their pathetic lives, they try to make others lives miserable too. You know, "misery loves company"? Trolls like Fred probably fall into that category.

• Cheers 1

32 minutes ago, WeneedLumme said:

When some people are really unhappy with their pathetic lives, they try to make others lives miserable too. You know, "misery loves company"? Trolls like Fred probably fall into that category.

Others of course can distinguish between reality and cheerleading ( sheep) I'm guessing some like Lumme has a whole collection of Pom Poms :lol:

1 hour ago, NUCKER67 said:

Looking like Hugo might possibly be a diamond in the rough, good late pick

Just out of interest how many times have to you seen this kid play and do you follow the league he plays in closely. Thankfully the Canucks have scouts living over there who can follow closely the league and the players, daily. I accept there recommendation but there's a lot of ice between a 17-18 old and the NHL. The stats show only 65% of 1st round picks make it, 20% of second round picks and becomes less the further into the draft you go. It cost teams very little to simply monitor NCAA, CHL and EU players, so it's a low risk gamble and one worth taking. Rathbone was a good gamble keeping in mind that Brackett used to coach him during the summer months, so he had a close relationship with him

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/21/2021 at 7:58 PM, aGENT said:

Guessing OJ is happy Fred found a different puppy to kick for a while :lol:

I don't have to concern myself about OJ. My view has been confirmed. Now what surpised me was the fans who couldn't see the kids lack of abilities. They were told by media that OJ, the first round pick, would be great and like willing sheep being lead to the abattoir they followed along never trusting their own eyes or taking a critical look

56 minutes ago, Fred65 said:

I don't have to concern myself about OJ. My view has been confirmed. Now what surpised me was the fans who couldn't see the kids lack of abilities. They were told by media that OJ, the first round pick, would be great and like willing sheep being lead to the abattoir they followed along never trusting their own eyes or taking a critical look

Injuries dude. Anyone saying the kid wasn't a legit pick when we drafted him was and is out to lunch. Dominant at the world juniors that year made his ranking go from the teens to a top 5 pick. Good on you though for being right about the current state of the player.

• Cheers 1

58 minutes ago, Fred65 said:

Just bugging ya ;) 

On 9/25/2021 at 10:30 AM, Fred65 said:

Just out of interest how many times have to you seen this kid play and do you follow the league he plays in closely. Thankfully the Canucks have scouts living over there who can follow closely the league and the players, daily. I accept there recommendation but there's a lot of ice between a 17-18 old and the NHL. The stats show only 65% of 1st round picks make it, 20% of second round picks and becomes less the further into the draft you go. It cost teams very little to simply monitor NCAA, CHL and EU players, so it's a low risk gamble and one worth taking. Rathbone was a good gamble keeping in mind that Brackett used to coach him during the summer months, so he had a close relationship with him

What the hell kind of response is this to what he said?

• Cheers 3