The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Hugo Gabrielson | D

Dazzle

“Largely overshadowed by star defender Simon Edvinsson, Gabrielsson hasn’t earned the attention that he deserves yet. What stood out the most in this game was Gabrielsson’s adaptability. He changed partners often, and it was evident that he knew what role to play with each player. When playing with Edvinsson, he jumped up into the play more, looking to make an impact in the offensive zone…” – Josh Bell, FC Hockey

Strengths

• Offensive IQ
  • Transition game
  • Playmaking 
  • Shot creation
  • Mobility

https://thehockeywriters.com/hugo-gabrielsson-2021-nhl-draft-prospect-profile/

Edited by Dazzle
  • Like 3
  • Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Kobayashi Maru said:

Wow sounds like he was a bit of a consensus to go in the third round.  Sounds like a pretty good D that was overshadowed by a couple high 1st rounders.

Exactly my thought.  If some of him, Jurmo from last season, the Finnish goalie we picked this year, Klimovich, Costmar, McDonagh and Persson make it to the league we'd look pretty good for depth. 

• Cheers 3

• Dazzle changed the title to Hugo Gabrielsson - D (Rd 6 - 169)
2 minutes ago, Phil_314 said:

Exactly my thought.  If some of him, Jurmo from last season, the Finnish goalie we picked this year, Klimovich, Costmar, McDonagh and Persson make it to the league we'd look pretty good for depth. 

I think out of those players listed, Klimovich probably has the best chance. Maybe it's recency bias  :bigblush: 

Maybe this Gabrielsson kid. Sounds like a sleeper pick. 

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, MikeyD said:

Will Scouch said he's good defensively and can bail your other d-man out well. Likes his defensive side of the game and has some upside for offense if he pans out. 

The Scouch would have picked up on this after his report on Evidsson… a truly unique player with likely so much rapid growth he made himself a lot of trouble for his d partners.  Maybe this guy is a decent lotto pick up.  

44 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Being a fan of Louie should lead to a premature trade out! LE is the (dopey) devil. Blasphemy!

jk, sounds like another hidden gem. Good work scouts!

Edited by RWJC

21 hours ago, MystifyNCrucify said:

Odd thing to admit. I think hed likely have a more positive reaction if he said.....

”Yeah sometimes i like  to do the welsh wiggle with the local sheep, but eriksson sucks.”

Canucks fans “Yeah screw eriksson! Good pick! Welcome to Vancouver! Not many sheep here though.”

He was referencing that he is good at doing all the little  things good. That was his Knick name in Vancouver “little things Loui”. 
WOOOSH!!! Right over eh? Lol. 

He is not a fan of the player Loui Eriksson.

Edited by KyGuy123
  • Cheers 1

@KyGuy123 No kidding. 

You are a pretty smart feller for picking up on that. I mean wow, now that you pointed that out to me I feel stupid. I had no idea it was his “knick name”. 

Are you available to explain more of lifes little intricacies to me in the future? I have so many questions that need answers. 

I yearn for knowledge. I beg you, share your infinite wisdom with me Master. 

• Haha 1