The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Connor Lockhart | C

20 hours ago, filthycanuck said:

Out of all the picks we had this weekend, Lockhart is probably the most intriguing. This would be a MASSIVE hit if he ever pans out. We'll see this season

Judd Brackett didn't pick him so he can't pan out.  :P

• Haha 2

On 7/26/2021 at 11:59 PM, VancouverHabitant said:

Great interview  -  very articulate young man. Does he know Hoagie juggles on a unicycle?  He'll be working on that this summer!! (and his lacrosse moves)

• 1 month later...

Kid’s got a tonne of skill. 

Anyone seeing enough camp video to get a handle on his skating?

The book on Lockhart is that he had all the characteristics of a top level prospect, other than his skating.

Not that the scouts say he’s a poor skater, he’s actually considered pretty quick. Just not “little guy” quick.

Some reports say he lacks explosiveness, doesn’t have an elite “top gear,” and isn’t quite as dynamic as you like to see from an undersized player.

But he also had his season canceled and hasn’t had eyes on him over the past year. Nobody’s really seen him play since his D-1, so he could easily have put in some work and made significant gains.

If he’s now looking like a typical “water bug” type out there, and is noticeable, in the right ways, when it comes to his speed, acceleration, pace, escapability, etc, then he’s going to be pretty exciting prospect, because the skill and offensive tools are definitely there with Lockhart.

I’m enjoying the flashes of high end talent we’re seeing in the rookie camp highlights. I just really want to get a better look at his skating.

• Like 1
  • Hydration 2

On 9/18/2021 at 2:00 PM, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Kid’s got a tonne of skill. 

Anyone seeing enough camp video to get a handle on his skating?

The book on Lockhart is that he had all the characteristics of a top level prospect, other than his skating.

Not that the scouts say he’s a poor skater, he’s actually considered pretty quick. Just not “little guy” quick.

Some reports say he lacks explosiveness, doesn’t have an elite “top gear,” and isn’t quite as dynamic as you like to see from an undersized player.

But he also had his season canceled and hasn’t had eyes on him over the past year. Nobody’s really seen him play since his D-1, so he could easily have put in some work and made significant gains.

If he’s now looking like a typical “water bug” type out there, and is noticeable, in the right ways, when it comes to his speed, acceleration, pace, escapability, etc, then he’s going to be pretty exciting prospect, because the skill and offensive tools are definitely there with Lockhart.

I’m enjoying the flashes of high end talent we’re seeing in the rookie camp highlights. I just really want to get a better look at his skating.

Offensively he plays a bit like Will Lockwood minus the explosive skating, and hits that Will is known for. He will need to develop that part of his game to be relevant in pro hockey