The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Lucas Forsell | LW

1 minute ago, Fred65 said:

Lucas Forsell is a player with a pass-first mentality. Whenever he had the puck in the offensive zone he was looking to set up his teammates. Even on his goal, he was on a 2-on-2 rush and tried to find his teammate for a backdoor pass and it deflected off the defender and into the net. He has high-end puck skills and is deadly every time he possesses the puck. With his footwork and puckhandling abilities he can easily make defenders miss when attacking on the rush and he constantly has his head moving so his opponents can’t pinpoint where he’s going to go with the puck. He didn’t shoot the puck a lot given his passing mentality. Forsell has good enough speed to keep pace with opponents on the backcheck and can breakaway on offense from time to time but his skating wasn’t quite on par with his other traits in this game. For a high skilled player he was very aggressive on defense, never giving up on back checking assignments and using his stick and reach to affect players offensive opportunities. Forsell has all the traits you’d want in a player and should be a early-mid round selection at the upcoming NHL Draft and has the potential to be a very good player at the next level.

What an absolute gem, based off this report.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dazzle said:

What an absolute gem, based off this report.

This is the scout, sorry I can't seem to manipulate the back round colours etc

AUSTIN
BROAD

YRS WITH FC
 2017-Present

Broad has been around the game of hockey his entire life, and has previously worked with Stathletes, The Hockey News, the Mississauga Steelheads and currently contributes to thechargingbuffalo.net, a blog focusing on the Buffalo Sabres. He has a bachelor’s degree in sport management from Brock University and a journalism diploma from Niagara College, and is a graduate of the ISS Mentorship Program.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Fred65 said:

AUSTIN
BROAD

YRS WITH FC
 2017-Present

Broad has been around the game of hockey his entire life, and has previously worked with Stathletes, The Hockey News, the Mississauga Steelheads and currently contributes to thechargingbuffalo.net, a blog focusing on the Buffalo Sabres. He has a bachelor’s degree in sport management from Brock University and a journalism diploma from Niagara College, and is a graduate of the ISS Mentorship Program.

Perhaps this link will be better.

https://nhlentrydraft.com/scouts/austin-broad/

9 hours ago, Fred65 said:

AUSTIN
BROAD

YRS WITH FC
 2017-Present

Shift+CTRL+V ;)

48 minutes ago, crobar said:

If I remember correctly Ulf Samuelsson was one of the biggest pieces s@#* to ever play the game. He intentionally went out of his way to hurt people.

Yes, you remember correctly. He really had little honor in how he went about his business.

Very different from Ohlund who was a tough player but a played the game with honor.

• Cheers 1

Chris Faber’s prospects update:

Lucas Forsell, 2021 7th Round Pick

The Canucks’ final selection in the 2021 draft has begun training with Färjestad and he hopes to make the SHL team out of camp. It’s not going to be an easy task for the 17-year-old as Färjestad is consistently a top team in the SHL and if Forsell does not make the team, he will report back to the J20 affiliate for Färjestad.

He is currently practicing and playing games with the SHL team while also competing with the J20 team in some exhibition games. Forsell played his first game with the J20 team on Sunday where he tallied a primary assist and may play in his first SHL exhibition game on Wednesday.

“It was my first game since the camp with the Swedish national team and those games were U18s vs U19s,” said Forsell. “It was really exciting to play a game against a real opponent. I don’t have a firm spot in the SHL but I am training with the SHL team and I hope to get a chance to play with the SHL team on Wednesday.”

Forsell got into one SHL game last season and wants to play more in the SHL this coming season but if he heads back to the J20 league, he is ready for a full season to show his skill against his age group. If he goes back to J20, he is going to be an absolute GIF horse for me and us here at CanucksArmy.

https://canucksarmy.com/2021/08/10/what-hearing-canucks-prospects-fabers-august-update/

• Cheers 3

On 8/5/2021 at 9:34 PM, GarthButcher5 said:

Yes, you remember correctly. He really had little honor in how he went about his business.

Very different from Ohlund who was a tough player but a played the game with honor.

Samuelsson definitely was a very dirty player. Some will even argue the dirtiest in the history of the league. Particularly in the way he targeted other players’ knees. The one on Cam Neely is infamous, but Ulf did this to so many others. I remember somebody saying once that you’d need the fingers on both hands to count the number of careers that were ended by Samuelsson.

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/11/2021 at 11:54 PM, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Samuelsson definitely was a very dirty player. Some will even argue the dirtiest in the history of the league. Particularly in the way he targeted other players’ knees. The one on Cam Neely is infamous, but Ulf did this to so many others. I remember somebody saying once that you’d need the fingers on both hands to count the number of careers that were ended by Samuelsson.

Him and Bryan Marchment, both were knee hunters. Couldn't stand either one!

• Cheers 1