The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Canucks - Devils Hughes to New Jersey Blockbuster

On 7/24/2021 at 10:50 PM, Ghostsof1915 said:

Hischier, Walsh and 2022 first rounder for Quinn. 

I was thinking Hischier, Severson, and a 1st. 

If we're going to help NJ create a Hughes triplet thing then they need to pay heavy for it. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 2

26 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I was thinking Hischier, Severson, and a 1st. 

If we're going to help NJ create a Hughes triplet thing then they need to pay heavy for it. 

I am surprised the Devils haven’t been calling the Canucks after watching the draft lol 

Canucks need Ty Smith or Severson and Holtz is a must as he can be a JT Miller or Brock Boeser replacement if something happens with either player.

1 hour ago, IjustNEEDaTROYgamble said:

Or if a team is willing to overpay then you have to at least listen 

You realize these are human beings? You don't throw them around like pieces of meat. There are certain considerations that need to be taken into account, which is why every trade that looks like it makes sense on paper may not make sense off the ice. Why would the Devils want Quinn Hughes? They already have Ty Smith and their first pairing is set with Luke Hughes joining them most likely in 2022-2023. If Quinn plays his whole career here, he'll be known as the best offensive defenseman we've ever had. Better than Jovocop. It's time to commit to these players, build around them and make some noise in the playoffs. 

• Wat 2

1 minute ago, morrissex95 said:

You realize these are human beings? You don't throw them around like pieces of meat. There are certain considerations that need to be taken into account, which is why every trade that looks like it makes sense on paper may not make sense off the ice. Why would the Devils want Quinn Hughes? They already have Ty Smith and their first pairing is set with Luke Hughes joining them most likely in 2022-2023. If Quinn plays his whole career here, he'll be known as the best offensive defenseman we've ever had. Better than Jovocop. It's time to commit to these players, build around them and make some noise in the playoffs. 

Did you not watch the draft with all 3 Hughes brothers had Twitter a buzz, you don’t think New Jersey sees adding Quinn as a Marketing home run with getting the 3rd Hughes brother which so far has the best career this far

If Quinn gets traded it will be because of New Jersey calling Vancouver and not Vancouver shopping him.

I still think Quinn is a great player but I don’t see Vancouver winning a cup with a small #1 defenseman in the Pacific division and would much rather get Smith and Holtz as the main part of a trade with Hughes.

3 minutes ago, IjustNEEDaTROYgamble said:

Did you not watch the draft with all 3 Hughes brothers had Twitter a buzz, you don’t think New Jersey sees adding Quinn as a Marketing home run with getting the 3rd Hughes brother which so far has the best career this far

If Quinn gets traded it will be because of New Jersey calling Vancouver and not Vancouver shopping him.

I still think Quinn is a great player but I don’t see Vancouver winning a cup with a small #1 defenseman in the Pacific division and would much rather get Smith and Holtz as the main part of a trade with Hughes.

We can't just trade everybody lol 

• Wat 1

2 minutes ago, morrissex95 said:

Since when does Quinn count as everybody?

you sound a little frazzled by Quinn simply being mentioned, I would say get use to it because I remember 3 years after 94 cup run Linden getting traded and Bure wanting out so get use to it because I guarantee at least 1 member of their core will leave via trade or free agency in the next 2 off-seasons. 

To New Jersey:

-Hughes

-Myers

To Canucks

-Graves

-PK Subban

-1st round pick

2021-2022:   

Miller-Pettersson-Garland

Hoglander-Horvat-Boeser

Pearson-Dickinson-Podkolzin

Motte-Sutter-Highmore

OEL-Hamonic

Graves-Subban (to become Parayko or Klingberg in 22-23)

Rathbone-Poolman

Demko

Halak

In the 2022 offseason, we replace PK Subban with Colton Parayko.  

Edited by Patel Bure
  • Wat 2
  • RoughGame 1

23 hours ago, morrissex95 said:

I'm pondering outloud if a Hughes + Myers deal to New Jersey would make sense.   

We give New Jersey their 'cream dream' of reuniting the three Hughes brothers while they also take Myers' long term contract off our books.   

Devils also give us a 1st round pick (Benning talked about wanting to recoup picks.....so this would be a start).

In return, we take on a strong defensive defenseman (like Ryan Graves) + PK Subban for a year.  We move on from Subban at the end of the season and replace him with a John Klingberg or Colton Parayko.  

31 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

If Hughes is traded to New Jersey, Severson HAS to be included in the return package.

Sevrson and two unprotected 1sts. They want a Hughes trifecta, it needs to cost 3 pieces. Because we can. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1