The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Buyout] Canucks terminate Virtanen’s contract

8 hours ago, ilduce39 said:

I think this was coming even without the allegations.  Hockey-wise it’s a shame because he had a ton of potential and seemed so close sometimes to really breaking through.  Can’t wait around any longer though - it’s all hands on deck this season.

Jake (and Gaudette) had their chance but now it’s Garland and Podkolzin time. 

Spot on... Train is moving at pace, and if they don't move along, they get left behind... no more room for passengers

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

This was long overdue regardless of the allegations. We gave him too many chances year after year but he just didn't have the next gear during the games and played a predictable game. Always same speed no intensity regardless of production or skill.

Like a car that goes only at a certain speed and like his mind was somewhere else. We need players that hate to lose from top to bottom in the lineup.

17 minutes ago, grandmaster said:

JB throwing out another garbage player. 

Trash Throw Away GIF by MOODMAN

I believe his skill was overrated since junior. Only keeping him in the game was his shot and physicality, speed all of which disappeared once he was in the NHL. He rarely was able to beat the NHL goalies, his physical play disappeared and his speed disappeared all he did was coast around.

8 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Only took him 48 hours to do it.  Gotta give Benning props on that.  At least he's trying to correct things...

Yes we should as long as he doesnt repeat the same mistakes because after all these signings were done by Benning. I also hope we don't resign Sutter or Edler we need change. 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Kassian was able to come back and put it together.  Even got a new multi-million contract from Edmonton.  It's possible in the right environment Jake can do the same thing.  

Kassian and what he did and allegations on Jake are a big difference. Plus Kasssian is the much better player.

2 minutes ago, PositionOfPower said:

Kassian and what he did and allegations on Jake are a big difference. Plus Kasssian is the much better player.

Jake didn't really try and got 36 points two years ago. 

I like Kass, but I wouldn't say he's a "better" player. I'd say they are about the same. 

• Upvote 1