The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Buyout] Canucks terminate Virtanen’s contract

2 hours ago, Northerneagle said:

A 6'1" 220 lb. just turning 25 6th overall pick is just let go?  Couldn't Benning have gotten at least a used puck bag in a trade?

In an Era when Ladd, two 2nds and a 3rd are traded for absolutely nothing in return, the Canuck couldn’t sell a bow tied Virtanen to anyone.

Like putting perfume on a pig.

Edited by Me_
  • Cheers 2

Just now, CanuckleHorse said:

If it’s true he deserves all he’s getting but if it’s not than those who are acting like it was the truth all along are pukes!

His game has been vomit worthy for sometime now. 

Also, somewhat confident the Nucks, who independently investigated the allegation, wouldn’t have bailed on him if there was no there there. 

• RoughGame 1

4 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

Also, somewhat confident the Nucks, who independently investigated the allegation, wouldn’t have bailed on him if there was no there there. 

It’s easier to do it this way and avoid all the media distractions that come with a case like this I wouldn’t want to answer some of those idiots questions. 

Wow, the personal and malicious shots being taken at this guy online are straight up ruthless.

For anyone who has crossed the line can we please stick to hockey around here?

I'd like to see a single one of you big mouths say anything close to what you're cowardly typing to Jake's face. 

Edited by bad alice french
  • Cheers 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Me_ said:

In an Era when Ladd, two 2nds and a 3rd are traded for absolutely nothing in return, the Canuck couldn’t sell a bow tied Virtanen to anyone.

Like putting perfume on a pig.

I wouldn’t doubt if he is listed as “do not touch “ by the nhl.

The Canucks have just totally  released him,. They themselves had their own PI involved in this situation.

Jake’s situation really saddens me. Local boy who could’ve been a legend in this city and market. Had all the tools but didn’t have any work ethic or hockey intelligence to put everything together. He’s got time to still do it. Just won’t be unfortunately here in his hometown. Would’ve loved to get Kent Johnson in this years draft as he could’ve been something Virtanen never came to be. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

1 hour ago, Sharpshooter said:

That's not necessarily proof of anything. He was going to get bought out regardless. He is already a PR disaster, regardless if he did it or not.

Also, if that's how quick you determined guilt, welp, no point in a civil suit or criminal case. Just throw him in jail. /sar

Edited by Dazzle
  • Cheers 1

23 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

The Canucks have just totally  released him,. They themselves had their own PI involved in this situation.

So Montreal?

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

Given that MTL just drafted an admitted “sex offender” or whatever the title would be, I think he will get another chance in the league. He may have to go play overseas for a bit first, and should his head and heart catch up to his talent, he’ll be welcomed back, especially if the allegations can not be proven. 

It’s guys like DeAngelo who really make it difficult to find a roster spot for because the propensity to repeat previous offences is just too high.

4 minutes ago, coryberg said:

So Montreal?

I don’t see Virtannen playing in North America again unless he is found not guilty.

I don’t see an out of court settlement changing the “no fly zone” attached to this player.

Virtannen totally had no realization the privilege he had to play in the NHL, it was disrespectful of him not to realize that.

Not just the hockey gods,  but the greats, who contributed to the game and the less fortunate are shaking their heads.

There are better players than Jake that deserve the opportunity he had.

5 minutes ago, RWJC said:

Given that MTL just drafted an admitted “sex offender” or whatever the title would be, I think he will get another chance in the league. He may have to go play overseas for a bit first, and should his head and heart catch up to his talent, he’ll be welcomed back, especially if the allegations can not be proven. 

It’s guys like DeAngelo who really make it difficult to find a roster spot for because the propensity to repeat previous offences is just too high.

In the case of the MTL player drafted,

It that is only because the victim came forward to support the player..  not his actions..  that is rare.

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

I don’t see Virtannen playing in North America again unless he is found not guilty.

I don’t see an out of court settlement changing the “no fly zone” attached to this player.

Virtannen totally had no realization the privilege he had to play in the NHL, it was disrespectful of him not to realize that.

Not just the hockey gods,  but the greats, who contributed to the game and the less fortunate are shaking their heads.

There are better players than Jake that deserve the opportunity he had.

Yeah....But..... we are talking about Montreal here.Bored Married With Children GIF

• Haha 1