The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Buyout] Canucks terminate Virtanen’s contract

1 minute ago, Spoosh said:

Sorry, sincere question.

I’ve missed this about Leipsic and having chatacter issues. Same about him calling out Jake. Could someone give a quick recap of that?

the whole reason Leipsic isn't in the league anymore. he and a bunch of other meatheads were outed being misogynist pricks among other things. 

8 minutes ago, Spoosh said:

Sorry, sincere question.

I’ve missed this about Leipsic and having chatacter issues. Same about him calling out Jake. Could someone give a quick recap of that?

Leipsic got caught being dirt bag towards woman in a text chain right before he signed in Russia. Before we left though he was quoted saying that Virtanen and his friends were the "worst crew ever". Jake took that as compliment, I guess, and had it embroidered on a hat which he was photographed wearing out at a club.

This is all my personal opponion. If a great guy tells you, "oh yeah I know that guy he's a real gem". You probably think ah yeah that guys a probably a great guy. If a little rat tells you he think some other guy is a low life, you probably assume they are both low life's on their own way. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, kloubek said:

Well it did, and despite being a smaller guy he seems to have the higher talent and ceiling. Still cost us though...

He may be small, but he plays bigger than his size. He's got the fire of Motte/Hoglander/Pod.

• Cheers 1

10 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

He may be small, but he plays bigger than his size. He's got the fire of Motte/Hoglander/Pod.

That's great to hear- thank you. I honestly haven't followed his career at all. Come playoffs, if a small guy doesn't have that level of drive and heart, they tend to disappear.

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, kloubek said:

That's great to hear- thank you. I honestly haven't followed his career at all. Come playoffs, if a small guy doesn't have that level of drive and heart, they tend to disappear.

I can't speak about his playoff performances in the future, but check this $&!# out ;)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, rekker said:

Lol. This will be funny. Coach Rod the Bod will take one look at Jake and his conditioning and lose his mind!

Rod's gonna rip the $&!# out of Jake and DeAngelo.

Might as well throw in HoSang and Merkley.

• Haha 2
  • Vintage 1

1 hour ago, Me_ said:

There’s always a dump for people somewhere.

I think Virtanen gets booed when he comes back with a team.

people would have to be able to notice him on the ice for that to happen. the only guy I've ever seen to get 10 or 15 minutes of ice time without ever being caught by a tv camera. 

9 hours ago, rekker said:

Lol. This will be funny. Coach Rod the Bod will take one look at Jake and his conditioning and lose his mind!

He will prolly take him to the woods near the arena and beat the sh*t out of him. Jokes aside if Carolina are interested that is disgusting and no respect to the victims.

• Upvote 1

The Canucks did the right thing. Immediately sent Jake home while investigating and now spent the buyout. 

I lost a lot of respect for Bergevin. Patrick Roy was a childhood hero. I loved the 93 team with Muller, Carboneau, Damphousse. 

I can't see me ever cheering for Mtl again until Bergevin gets fired. The guy showed his true colours and is a complete sleazeball

• b3. unpinned this topic

Anyone else notice that Virtanen hasn't been signed by anyone yet?

I'm sticking by my prediction that no one signs him and he winds up in the AHL or KHL

Actually, I guess Montreal might give him a look, he's kind of their type of player!

:)

Edited by VegasCanuck
  • Cheers 1