Jump to content
The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Buyout] Canucks terminate Virtanen’s contract


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Dumb Nuck said:

I hope he gets his life sorted out, I’d still like to see what he could do on a different team but first he needs to address his demons.

He’s gonna go sell cars with his brother Stephan

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Northerneagle said:

A 6'1" 220 lb. just turning 25 6th overall pick is just let go?  Couldn't Benning have gotten at least a used puck bag in a trade?

In an Era when Ladd, two 2nds and a 3rd are traded for absolutely nothing in return, the Canuck couldn’t sell a bow tied Virtanen to anyone.

 

Like putting perfume on a pig.

 

Edited by Me_
  • Hydration 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, CanuckleHorse said:

“I skated, fell down and learned to pick myself up in front of millions.” - Michelle Kwan

And then I met Virtanen and he took me to a hotel. 

  • RoughGame 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

And then I met Virtanen and he took me to a hotel. 

If it’s true he deserves all he’s getting but if it’s not than those who are acting like it was the truth all along are pukes!

  • Hydration 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, CanuckleHorse said:

If it’s true he deserves all he’s getting but if it’s not than those who are acting like it was the truth all along are pukes!

His game has been vomit worthy for sometime now. 
 

Also, somewhat confident the Nucks, who independently investigated the allegation, wouldn’t have bailed on him if there was no there there. 
 

 

  • RoughGame 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

His game has been vomit worthy for sometime now. 
 

Also, somewhat confident the Nucks, who independently investigated the allegation, wouldn’t have bailed on him if there was no there there. 
 

 

It’s easier to do it this way and avoid all the media distractions that come with a case like this I wouldn’t want to answer some of those idiots questions. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow, the personal and malicious shots being taken at this guy online are straight up ruthless.

For anyone who has crossed the line can we please stick to hockey around here?

I'd like to see a single one of you big mouths say anything close to what you're cowardly typing to Jake's face. 

Edited by bad alice french
  • Hydration 2
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Me_ said:

In an Era when Ladd, two 2nds and a 3rd are traded for absolutely nothing in return, the Canuck couldn’t sell a bow tied Virtanen to anyone.

 

Like putting perfume on a pig.

 

I wouldn’t doubt if he is listed as “do not touch “ by the nhl.

The Canucks have just totally  released him,. They themselves had their own PI involved in this situation.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Jake’s situation really saddens me. Local boy who could’ve been a legend in this city and market. Had all the tools but didn’t have any work ethic or hockey intelligence to put everything together. He’s got time to still do it. Just won’t be unfortunately here in his hometown. Would’ve loved to get Kent Johnson in this years draft as he could’ve been something Virtanen never came to be. 

  • Like 1
  • Hydration 1
  • Vintage 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sharpshooter said:

His game has been vomit worthy for sometime now. 
 

Also, somewhat confident the Nucks, who independently investigated the allegation, wouldn’t have bailed on him if there was no there there. 
 

 

That's not necessarily proof of anything. He was going to get bought out regardless. He is already a PR disaster, regardless if he did it or not.

Also, if that's how quick you determined guilt, welp, no point in a civil suit or criminal case. Just throw him in jail. /sar

Edited by Dazzle
  • Hydration 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

I wouldn’t doubt if he is listed as “do not touch “ by the nhl.

The Canucks have just totally  released him,. They themselves had their own PI involved in this situation.

 

So Montreal?

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

I wouldn’t doubt if he is listed as “do not touch “ by the nhl.

The Canucks have just totally  released him,. They themselves had their own PI involved in this situation.

 

Given that MTL just drafted an admitted “sex offender” or whatever the title would be, I think he will get another chance in the league. He may have to go play overseas for a bit first, and should his head and heart catch up to his talent, he’ll be welcomed back, especially if the allegations can not be proven. 
 

It’s guys like DeAngelo who really make it difficult to find a roster spot for because the propensity to repeat previous offences is just too high.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, coryberg said:

So Montreal?

I don’t see Virtannen playing in North America again unless he is found not guilty.

I don’t see an out of court settlement changing the “no fly zone” attached to this player.

Virtannen totally had no realization the privilege he had to play in the NHL, it was disrespectful of him not to realize that.

Not just the hockey gods,  but the greats, who contributed to the game and the less fortunate are shaking their heads.

There are better players than Jake that deserve the opportunity he had.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, RWJC said:

Given that MTL just drafted an admitted “sex offender” or whatever the title would be, I think he will get another chance in the league. He may have to go play overseas for a bit first, and should his head and heart catch up to his talent, he’ll be welcomed back, especially if the allegations can not be proven. 
 

It’s guys like DeAngelo who really make it difficult to find a roster spot for because the propensity to repeat previous offences is just too high.

 In the case of the MTL player drafted,

It that is only because the victim came forward to support the player..  not his actions..  that is rare.

  • Hydration 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

I don’t see Virtannen playing in North America again unless he is found not guilty.

I don’t see an out of court settlement changing the “no fly zone” attached to this player.

Virtannen totally had no realization the privilege he had to play in the NHL, it was disrespectful of him not to realize that.

Not just the hockey gods,  but the greats, who contributed to the game and the less fortunate are shaking their heads.

There are better players than Jake that deserve the opportunity he had.

Yeah....But..... we are talking about Montreal here.Bored Married With Children GIF

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • b3. unfeatured this topic
  • b3. unpinned this topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...