The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Buyout] Canucks terminate Virtanen’s contract

1 minute ago, Bounce000 said:

Benning relied way too heavily on Virtanen and Gaudette both taking a big step in their development last season. Neither of them did, and now here we are.

This is why early success for some people can actually be toxic, they get overconfident and lose focus and dont know what to do when adversity strikes.

4 minutes ago, RWMc1 said:

I wanted to give him the benefit of doubt, but no more.

I think Canucks should have been more tougher on him even before these allegations. Shows up overweight for training camp multiple times Canucks were easy on him. Underproduction and lazy play Canucks did not send him to the AHL or scratch him enough. Signed him instead of using some of that money on Toffoli. Prolly Jake thought he could get away with anything like a spoiled kid. No wonder Green did not play him much knew what kind of kid he was.

7 additional women? What the f*** Jake. It's not even about whether or not you should play in the NHL anymore. It's about how long your ass should be locked up. You can't be apart of civilized society if you're sexually assaulting over half a dozen women. This goes back to his junior days according to that tweet.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 3

1 hour ago, CanucksJay said:

Not sure if this was asked already but if Virtanen is found guilty, can the Canucks ask the league to nullify the contract so that there is no cap hit on the buyout? 

550k is nothing and is by far the smallest detail about this. Don't be that weirdo team that tries to nickle and dime a buyout as small as Jake's. It's literally 50k this season and 500k next season. It'll have next to no effect on this team's cap.

6 hours ago, Westcoastcanucks777 said:

I think Bennin got a better guy Garlund is willing to play proper D ….Toffoli was showing two years in a row he was not as affective against quicker teams like Vegas and TB

Very interesting take. I like that.

Edited by Me_

5 minutes ago, N7Nucks said:

7 additional women? What the f*** Jake. It's not even about whether or not you should play in the NHL anymore. It's about how long your ass should be locked up. You can't be apart of civilized society if you're sexually assaulting over half a dozen women. This goes back to his junior days according to that tweet.

Holy crap that’s almost enough to run for US president.

If it’s true that guys a POS and is cancer on the team and community good riddance. 

• Haha 1
  • Vintage 1

1 hour ago, KariyaSakicAnderson said:

Jake will most likely end up in the KHL as I don't see an NHL team giving him a shot.  Which is what happened to Brendan Leipsic after his remarks about the girls and other NHlers and posted those pictures in that group chat with his friends. 

Jake will probably retire off of his career earnings

• Vintage 1

15 minutes ago, N7Nucks said:

I no longer follow the news about that POS.

Where did you get that?

Edited by Me_