The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Buyout] Canucks terminate Virtanen’s contract

Anyone else notice that Virtanen hasn't been signed by anyone yet?

I'm sticking by my prediction that no one signs him and he winds up in the AHL or KHL

Actually, I guess Montreal might give him a look, he's kind of their type of player!

:)

Edited by VegasCanuck
  • Cheers 1

On 7/27/2021 at 11:16 PM, CanucksJay said:

I can't see me ever cheering for Mtl again until Bergevin gets fired. The guy showed his true colours and is a complete sleazeball

The exact sentiments of my buddy, who is a long-time Habs fan, and can't bring himself about to cheer on the Habs based on current management.

2 hours ago, VegasCanuck said:

I'm sticking by my prediction that no one signs him and he winds up in the AHL or KHL

Actually, I guess Montreal might give him a look, he's kind of their type of player!

Things changed after 7 more women came forward with complaints. Did you notice that?

Edited by RWMc1

1 hour ago, VegasCanuck said:

Might not even be allowed out of the country at this rate due to the flight risk. 

• Cheers 1

On the day the Vancouver Canucks bought out Jake Virtanen's contract, the 24-year-old seems to have gotten himself into even more trouble as the Instagram account named survivorstoriesproject has released that more women have contacted them with allegations against Virtanen.

According to one of their posts, seven other women have contacted them after the first story came to light. That first story was shared initially with the account and made public before the woman involved decided to file a police report. The latest occurrences to have been posted allegedly span over a several year period that goes all the way back to his junior hockey days to more recent incidents. The full details of the allegations have not yet been made public.

The women that contacted the Instagram account did so in hoping that they could get help, according to Survivor Stories Project, and the owners of the account have been in contact with the Vancouver PD since the investigations began. A woman known as "E" was the first to file a police report, and she is now not the only, as the account states others have also done so. "E" is suing Virtanen in a civil suit while police investigate her claims.

Virtanen's future in the NHL is definitely in question, due to both legal reasons and his inability to play at the level many believed he could.

Edited by RWMc1

5 minutes ago, RWMc1 said:

On the day the Vancouver Canucks bought out Jake Virtanen's contract, the 24-year-old seems to have gotten himself into even more trouble as the Instagram account named survivorstoriesproject has released that more women have contacted them with allegations against Virtanen.

According to one of their posts, seven other women have contacted them after the first story came to light. That first story was shared initially with the account and made public before the woman involved decided to file a police report. The latest occurrences to have been posted allegedly span over a several year period that goes all the way back to his junior hockey days to more recent incidents. The full details of the allegations have not yet been made public.

The women that contacted the Instagram account did so in hoping that they could get help, according to Survivor Stories Project, and the owners of the account have been in contact with the Vancouver PD since the investigations began. A woman known as "E" was the first to file a police report, and she is now not the only, as the account states others have also done so. "E" is suing Virtanen in a civil suit while police investigate her claims.

Virtanen's future in the NHL is definitely in question, due to both legal reasons and his inability to play at the level many believed he could.

Where was this article posted?

5 minutes ago, RWMc1 said:

I think these claims should be investigated as well, but for the sake of ensuring integrity of this original case.

1 minute ago, HKSR said:

Sorry I might be dense, but where in that article does it talk about the other 6 women?

It says 7. I'm not suggesting that all are suing or charging him, just that they've come forward. I will reword my complainants comment. I rushed that.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, RWMc1 said:

It says 7. I'm not suggesting that all are suing or charging him, just that they've come forward. I will reword my complainants comment. I rushed that.

I don't see reference about any other women other than the one.

• Cheers 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

21 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

Who are you talking about? I didn't read about Virtanen's case with 6 women?

Go back to page 26 of this thread. It was reported by the Survivor Stories Project that 6 more woman have come forward after the first. This is actually pretty common for the first to give courage to others who were also assulted. It's disgusting.

• Cheers 1