The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Buyout] Canucks terminate Virtanen’s contract

2 minutes ago, RWMc1 said:

I see:

"Emily spoke out after seeing other women come forward with their own experiences on an anonymous Instagram account."

But that Instagram account is not specific to Virtanen.  That's for all kinds of experiences.

• Huggy Bear 1

1 minute ago, HKSR said:

I see:

"Emily spoke out after seeing other women come forward with their own experiences on an anonymous Instagram account."

But that Instagram account is not specific to Virtanen.  That's for all kinds of experiences.

On the day the Vancouver Canucks bought out Jake Virtanen's contract, the 24-year-old seems to have gotten himself into even more trouble as the Instagram account named survivorstoriesproject has released that more women have contacted them with allegations against Virtanen.

According to one of their posts, seven other women have contacted them after the first story came to light.

1 minute ago, RWMc1 said:

On the day the Vancouver Canucks bought out Jake Virtanen's contract, the 24-year-old seems to have gotten himself into even more trouble as the Instagram account named survivorstoriesproject has released that more women have contacted them with allegations against Virtanen.

According to one of their posts, seven other women have contacted them after the first story came to light.

I must be blind.  Where are those words in that article?? Lol!

• Hydration 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

13 minutes ago, HKSR said:

I see:

My fault. I posted the wrong link. The story is on the previous page of this thread though.

40 minutes ago, gurn said:

With out criminal charges I know of no legal way to force him to stay.

The criminal charges aren't gonna happen, in all likelihood. There's a reason why she's going civil.

Edited by Dazzle

I think Virtanen will end up doing boatloads of blow or drink himself silly wherever he ends up. The young man needs an intervention now.

Edited by Me_
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, RWMc1 said:

Things changed after 7 more women came forward with complaints. Did you notice that?

Have not heard of more women coming forward, where did you hear that, nothing comes up on search?

On 7/26/2021 at 11:19 PM, 250Integra said:

840527B1-C363-4843-955B-67216CA0B47A.png

Bump. It’s the original source that broke the first story. 

And for the record, 1+7=8. Eight women have now come forward re/ Jake Virtanen. 

Edited by guntrix
  • Thanks 1
  • Hydration 2

2 hours ago, -DLC- said:

If there are multiple accusers, not sure how relevant this is.

20 years old.

Loads of money.

No drugs or alcohol were involved.

2C7F4596-4670-424A-8A69-B4C2F799BD4C.png

Not a good look.

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

15 minutes ago, -DLC- said:

If there are multiple accusers, not sure how relevant this is.  But I believe in a fair process and this information is part of that?  Even if the source is in his corner.

More than one accuser now!  This just gets worse.  

• Vintage 1

4 minutes ago, Violator said:

What's a sealing order?

With how it pertains to this case?

depends: https://www.ppsc-sppc.gc.ca/eng/pub/fpsd-sfpg/fps-sfp/tpd/p3/ch04.html

I would guess in this case the judge is trying to protect both Jake and his accuser from info being leaked. Both sides will have things to say that could be publicly damaging to both of them.

So it looks like the accuser's side has decided to leak info which is too bad. If she's actually been abused this might hurt her case. 

• Hydration 2

Perhaps the most damning evidence against Jake is that VforVirtanen has changed his name, and thereby shut down the church.

So sad how all this has worked out, especially if he did anything close to what he has been accused of.  Waste of a career, hope the partying was worth it.

• Hydration 1
  • Wat 1