The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Buyout] Canucks terminate Virtanen’s contract

3 hours ago, Drakrami said:

8 Accusers, really? Would make me look dumb to somewhat defending the case before. 

I was just reading up more about the case though... The girl did not report the crime to the police so this is not a criminal case, it is a civil suit filed in.... Kelowna, blows up the whole thing/leak to the media through that Twitter account. Pretty meticulous planning for someone who is the victim. 

I read the first half of your post thinking, "huh, I guess people can change and be better" then I read the second half when you are still doubting the victim... Nevermind.

45 minutes ago, shayster007 said:

I read the first half of your post thinking, "huh, I guess people can change and be better" then I read the second half when you are still doubting the victim... Nevermind.

Yea sorry about being open minded and looking at each fact separately instead of being stubbornly fixated on a conclusion on case that hasn't even gone to trial. 

9 hours ago, VegasCanuck said:

He has not been charged, as far as I'm aware, there's nothing specifically pending. There's an ongoing investigation, but I don't think there's anything that would prevent him from traveling.

Although, yes, police are investigating, I think people are making a lot of assumptions into what's going on.

That said, his best path may very well be, AHL or ECHL for the moment.

Ah, you’re correct. I thought I’d read somewhere he had actually been charged. Looks like I was mistaken, all just allegations still being investigated.

• Cheers 1

5 hours ago, Alflives said:

Seven more women have come forward now.  Sure looks like a pattern of sexual assault with Jake.  With this many accusers it’s very likely there will be criminal charges.  Police have a lot to investigate.  

I can’t find any link for this, any idea where it’s being reported, Alf.?

11 hours ago, Alflives said:

Seven more women have come forward now.  Sure looks like a pattern of sexual assault with Jake.  With this many accusers it’s very likely there will be criminal charges.  Police have a lot to investigate.  

Source?  I can't find anything ...

16 hours ago, arsenalian said:

Can someone with a pending criminal hearing even leave the country? I keep seeing KHL brought up as an option, but I always assumed if you’ve been charged with a criminal act, you’re not allowed to leave the country. I’m no lawyer though, maybe someone in the know can shine some light on this?

There is no formal charges 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, VegasCanuck said:

I can’t find any link for this, any idea where it’s being reported, Alf.?

Was a link earlier in the thread, to Marker Zone (never heard of it myself) with an article that referenced the survivorstories Instagram. So not the most reliable source, but sounds like there’s some more women who have come forward.

https://www.markerzone.com/news/?49920&s=11

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

3 hours ago, arsenalian said:

Was a link earlier in the thread, to Marker Zone (never heard of it myself) with an article that referenced the survivorstories Instagram. So not the most reliable source, but sounds like there’s some more women who have come forward.

Interesting, if accurate, this could definitely put him in a position with the police where they ask him to surrender his passport until the situation is resolved. It’s possible that he can’t even enter the United States at the moment.

3 hours ago, arsenalian said:

I think it's just referencing the same initial group of women who stepped forward (7 i think?) that are accusing Virtanen, not that there are "more women". Hopefully not anyway.

1 hour ago, Dazzle said:

I think it's just referencing the same initial group of women who stepped forward (7 i think?) that are accusing Virtanen, not that there are "more women". Hopefully not anyway.

Yes, that was definitely the original group, not an additional ones. That link is from a few weeks ago, when these new allegations came out

• Cheers 1