The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Speculation] Boston has offer on the table for Canucks backup Braden Holtby

5 minutes ago, Toyotasfan said:

Holtby seemed to be getting better towards the end of the season , there wasn’t much help from anywhere, it was a bad year all around.

I think people are too hard on him. He got hung out to dry most nights he played for us. Tough to succeed in that environment. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

26 minutes ago, Scottydzik said:

Schmidt to Florida for gudas 2202 3rd

2203 3rd Macewen to st Louis for bortuzzo 

holtby 20 percent retained to Washington for garnet Hathaway 

toughness in that lineup now would be great to watch 

The Schmidt any minute thread will still be going strong at this time as it will be our great great grand children carrying the torch high

• Haha 1
  • Vintage 1

All smiles and unicorn farts, you know, until you think of the possibility that demko gets injured for a month. 

Who is left for ufa goalies to sign? Does benning think dipietro is ready? Didnt we go through that gong show already, when both markstrom and demko went down at the same time?

better be getting something a helluva lot shinier than some other teams failed projects if you are resting your season on the hope that a canuck doesnt get injured. 

Didnt demko get injured last year as well?  

2 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

There might be other teams interested in Holtby that we’re holding back..

Holtby did have a good year with us,. And there are a few teams struggling in that position.

This could turn out well for us.

He did? What is that relative to, QMJHL goalie stats?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, 4petesake said:

Ideally zero but yeah 500k would be my max. The buyout on Holtby gives us a cap hit of $500,000 this year and $1.9 mil next year so if we retain any salary it needs to beat that. Retaining 1M would barely help us at all compared to a buyout.

Except we wouldn't have his cap hit for an extra season. I'd try to avoid that at all costs.

I think a buyout would only make sense if there's something lined up that adds a great piece to our backend (and requires Holtby's money to do it).

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, MystifyNCrucify said:

All smiles and unicorn farts, you know, until you think of the possibility that demko gets injured for a month. 

Who is left for ufa goalies to sign? Does benning think dipietro is ready? Didnt we go through that gong show already, when both markstrom and demko went down at the same time?

better be getting something a helluva lot shinier than some other teams failed projects if you are resting your season on the hope that a canuck doesnt get injured. 

Didnt demko get injured last year as well?  

Ya.  I have been alluding to this for awhile now. Just keep Holtby, it's good insurance and his contract is done this year anyways. 

• Cheers 2

5 minutes ago, MystifyNCrucify said:

He did? What is that relative to, QMJHL goalie stats?

I saw him playing well,.  Our Defence on the other hand.

Count all the beans and add them up, there is a difference between playing well or not in a position so highly affected by another positions errors.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

There might be other teams interested in Holtby that we’re holding back..

Holtby did have a good year with us,. And there are a few teams struggling in that position.

This could turn out well for us.

.889sv% and 3.67GAA I shudder to think what you would call a bad year.