The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Speculation] Boston has offer on the table for Canucks backup Braden Holtby

Wow 7 pages in 3 hours, lots of interest in this.

As a cap dump I would be happy if it is just that, Bruins take the contract for a late round pick or depth contract, Canucks sign a backup and have free space for a defenseman.

win win!

2 minutes ago, MystifyNCrucify said:

@SilentSam if the interest in holtby is so high, im guessing the ufa goalie market is smoking hot garbage. The only ufa goalie I remember off the top of my head is halak, but if he was so good boston would have re-signed him. 

You know, instead of trading assets for holtby.....

https://www.spotrac.com/nhl/free-agents/goaltender/

the list is not that outstanding actually,  perhaps Holtby is a good grab for someone.

@SilentSam for the record, i expect canuck goalies to have a far better year this year now that the gardener of buttocks isnt running the D

Unfortunately, he still is; however, this time Brad Shaw is supervising him.

https://thehockeywriters.com/canucks-brad-shaw-improved-defensive-game/

"Brought in to be head coach Travis Green‘s right-hand man, Shaw will have his hands in everything save for the goaltending which will be, of course, goaltending coach Ian Clark’s department. Basically, he will work in tandem with the other assistant coaches to improve every facet of the team. He will be in essence, an associate coach, even though his title remains as an assistant. Nolan Baumgartner will continue to work with the defence, but will have Shaw in his ear every step of the way."

Brad Shaw will oversee everything, while also reporting to Green. A lot of bureaucracy, but maybe it will work.

• Cheers 3

@SilentSam for the record, i expect canuck goalies to have a far better year this year now that the gardener of buttocks isnt running the D

image.jpeg.cf1c98c661e6ab2f7833913856edf726.jpeg

This was this season,.  And by all accounts Silvos has been looking sharper and larger every season since we grabbed him .

perhaps we let camp decide a backup goalie.

1 minute ago, N4ZZY said:

Thought Shaw was overseeing that? 

Nah Shaw is like the backseat driver who is going to nitpick things that are bad

Hopefully baumer can adapt some of Shaw's ideology into making our defensive structure better