The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks extend qualifying offers to 7 players

This is good. Too many of the same guys  playing the same low level role with limited upside. Would rather gamble a few contract spots on players with serious upside but aren’t quite there yet in development. Good job JB.

• Cheers 1

I like Breezer, hopefully he re-signs and stays on the team as a permanent 7th/8th d-man. Assuming we run 2 spare D instead of 1. I like Jayce, not sure why they're moving on from him. Lost/let go of Lind, Beagle, Roussel, Virtanen and Eriksson. Only really bringing in Pod and Garland as far as I know. Lots of vacancies for a guy like Jayce.

3 minutes ago, Bertuzzipunch said:

Gaudette wasn’t qualified by the blackhawks today

Not surprised.  Gaudette's QO isn't crazy but still more than what they evidently feel he's worth.  Lots of teams deciding not to qualify this year.  I remember how "shocking" it was when the Canucks didn't qualify Hutton a few years ago.  It's more common now. 

Gaudette could still re-sign with the CHI but it does look like he may need to find another home.  If Brackett still likes him a lot, then maybe he finds his way to Minnesota. 

Just now, Fanuck said:

Can Garland reject his QO?  And if so what's happens next?  

All I could find on him is this and I'm not sure about the accuracy:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.fiveforhowling.com/platform/amp/2021/1/26/22243483/what-will-conor-garlands-next-arizona-coyotes-contract-look-like

My guess is we see if it goes to arbitration.  Every year RFAs with arbitration rights file for arbitration so I won't be too concerned if it gets to that point.  Garland probably has a strong case though, so unless the Canucks offer him something pretty good or he is just eager to sign, I think this might drag out.

Could see the same thing happen with Dickinson but without the points to back up his case, I think he is more likely to re-sign early.

1 minute ago, Fanuck said:

Can Garland reject his QO?  And if so what's happens next?  

All I could find on him is this and I'm not sure about the accuracy:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.fiveforhowling.com/platform/amp/2021/1/26/22243483/what-will-conor-garlands-next-arizona-coyotes-contract-look-like

I highly doubt he would do that though, as he could file for arbitration instead. Seemed like he really liked the chance to play up here from what he said in his interview

• Cheers 1

10 minutes ago, EP Phone Home said:

JB getting his to do list done. Love it, so much movement. Makes the off season fly by and gets you fired up for the upcoming season.  

The easy part is qualifying them, hopefully we see some signings soon starting with Petey. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1