Wasn’t almost everyone here really high on Palmu? Lol 

Nope.  
I didn’t like the kid since the illegal fishing story came out.   Hahahaha

Not to mention he is a hobbit.  

Don’t let the doorknob hit you in the back of the head Palmu

Edited by drummerboy
  • Haha 1
  • RoughGame 1

We are running out of money quick with only really Schmidt and Holtby contracts that can free up $ but we will probably have to eat money in retention or with a contract coming back.

hard to imagine us having enough room rn after that and I’m expecting us to sing McCabe and hopefully hamonic.

Hughes-OEL

McCabe-MYERS

Rathbone/Juolevi-HAMONIC

or

maybe 

OEL-MYERS

MCCABE-HUGHES

Rathbone/Juolevi-HAMONIC

Maybe that’s the plan 

I wonder if for some of the RFAs like Hawryluk it might be an issue of the two-way contract?  Does the minimum AHL salary go up in the QO too?  Might explain why someone like Hawryluk would not get a QO since the Canucks, like most teams, are probably wanting to save as much cash as possible and don't want to be paying a depth player a NHL minimum salary if they're in the minors all season.

2 hours ago, CanucksJay said:

Interesting on not qualifying Jayce  Hawryluk

I liked him. Shows that the team is getting better

yup this is what progress looks like. No waiver wire pickups likely either, unless it's Lind. 

• Cheers 2

1 hour ago, R3aL said:

We are running out of money quick with only really Schmidt and Holtby contracts that can free up $ but we will probably have to eat money in retention or with a contract coming back.

hard to imagine us having enough room rn after that and I’m expecting us to sing McCabe and hopefully hamonic.

There are some UFAs (in addition to Edler, Sutter and Hamonic) that JB must be mulling over  ...  Chatfield, Sautner, Bailey, Rafferty, Boyd and Vesey

Then what to do about Utunen, Karlsson, Costmar and Thiessen?

He needs to stock Abbotsford too

10 minutes ago, Googlie said:

There are some UFAs (in addition to Edler, Sutter and Hamonic) that JB must be mulling over  ...  Chatfield, Sautner, Bailey, Rafferty, Boyd and Vesey

I thought that stocking the Baby 'Nuks was the responsibility of GM Johnson, not Benning, unless they truly are Canucks' property. And hasn't Costmar been signed as the first Baby Nuk (not Comet)?

Chase Wouters is first signing (by Abbotsford, not by Vancouver).  Costmar, who turned 20 a few days ago, was planning to stay another year in Sweden, but with Jasek's departure we have need of young  centers on the farm team.  Costmar fits that bill, but needs a contract first

(Btw, Karel Plasek turns 21 on Friday.  Happy Birthday in advance)

2 hours ago, Googlie said:

Lots of moving pieces have to figure out Schmidt and holtby ASAP tho