The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Rumour) CBJ receiving calls on Zach Werenski

RWJC

Yes, he’s another LHD.

Yes, he’s got quite the contract at 5mill expiring at the end of this season.

But he is a STUD.

Highly doubt Schmidt would waive to go to CBJ and even higher doubt we have the appetite to try and trade for him, but man this is one player I’d love to see us acquire and lock up.

According to Friedman CBJ is receiving calls on him because of his status and the team blowing things up a bit. Merzlikins being linked to EDM now too.

Stats:

https://www.nhl.com/player/zach-werenski-8478460

Friedman’s 31 Thoughts podcast:

https://podcast.sportsnet.ca/31-thoughts/the-good-and-bad-of-draft-weekend/

Edited by RWJC
  • Vintage 1

• RWJC changed the title to (Rumour) CBJ receiving calls on Zach Werenski

If we can’t agree to a fair deal with Garland, I’d offer him + OJ or Boner and a 1st provided ZW would pre-agree to a reasonable extension (hard to say if he’d want to come to Canada though).
If that doesn’t cut it, then trade Schmidt for parts that would be included in a trade to CBJ.

It would suck but I consider ZW a potential franchise Dman. Jones took a lot of the limelight with both in CBJ. ZW is vastly underrated imho

6’2, 220lb, 24 years old.

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.dispatch.com/sports/20200107/zach-werenski-no-longer-one-dimensional-for-columbus-blue-jackets%3ftemplate=ampart

• Cheers 1

If he signs an extension, trading Hughes for him would be a great move. 

Thus would allow the Canucks to focus on just Pettersson as the other big contract is dealt with, then next year more loungos cap can be used for werenski.

This would give the Canucks a top four that has weight behind it 

Also there is the Shaw connection.

I would absolutely trade Hughes for werenski 

6 minutes ago, Wanless said:

If he signs an extension, trading Hughes for him would be a great move. 

Thus would allow the Canucks to focus on just Pettersson as the other big contract is dealt with, then next year more loungos cap can be used for werenski.

This would give the Canucks a top four that has weight behind it 

Also there is the Shaw connection.

I would absolutely trade Hughes for werenski 

So Eriksson and Virtanen are gone so Hughes is the new whipping boy?

Why are people all of a sudden throwing him in trade proposals before we even know what his contract looks like?

Just now, DeNiro said:

So Eriksson and Virtanen are gone so Hughes is the new whipping boy?

Why are people all of a sudden throwing him in trade proposals before we even know what his contract looks like?

Hughes isn't the new whipping boy. 

Just a good hockey trade, less raw offensive talent than Hughes but a better all around game.

And come DeNiro, you know just how good werenski is and also the cap implications.

And of course this is all done on the basis of Zach resigning with the Canucks at around 8 per. Although Blackhawks might have propped up Zach's value to the 9-10 rang

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, KyGuy123 said:

I’d also offer Schmidt, Podkolzin and Juolevi/Rathbone. They will need Dmen and also hit a cap floor. 

Sir. Columbus would make out like bandits if this was put forward by us to acquire ZW.

we're just so emotional at how generous you are - Dawson Crying | Meme  Generator

Edited by KirkSave
typos