The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Panthers trade Anton Stralman, Vladislav Kolyachonok, 2024 2nd-round pick to Coyotes for 2023 7th-round pick

9 minutes ago, tas said:

so if every team dumps their undumpables in arizona, and then alex meruelo decides to say, fold the team, what happens to those contracts?

They all float over to Chayka Island.

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, oldnews said:

and they retain half his cap and flip him....

Stralman is still serviceable - in fact played the 3rd most playoff minutes on the blueline of a pretty good team...reliable, can kill penalties...

at 2.75 he'd be a decent add for a competitive team.

Zona takes the pick, flips him for another lesser contract.

I wouldn't hate him here at that, as a depth RD. But I doubt ARZ will want to deal with us after just taking their lunch money :lol:

• Hydration 1
  • Wat 1

Kolyachonok is not a bad prospect either - a 2nd round pick + the 2nd in this deal....a lot to pay to move a near 20 minute D that was in your top 4.

Kinda puts the LE dump in perspective - market value to dump him alone would have been considerably higher than this.

3 minutes ago, Josepho said:

They're definitely equipping their roster well for a tank/rebuild.

No, they’re out to win it all with a lot of experianced, foundational players. 

• Hydration 2
  • Haha 1
10 minutes ago, aGENT said:

I wouldn't hate him here at that, as a depth RD. But I doubt ARZ will want to deal with us after just taking their lunch money :lol:

au contraire

they'd prolly be happy to share some more lunch with us

when is our next available 2nd?

2 minutes ago, Josepho said:

They're definitely equipping their roster well for a tank/rebuild.

this isn't really a 'tank' move - not necessarily the kind of player that makes you worse.

I'd think of it like Tyler Johnson - not a 'bad' player, just not a good cap value (and in his case, not a good fit). 

Stralman could be a good placeholder - but even at 50% I think this team is more likely to go for a guy in a lower cap range for depth.

I understand the full-on rebuild mode in Arizona but players there must be a bit frustrated knowing next year will be a total loss for them.

The whole team is basically full of players unwanted and very few will stay beyond this coming season. Including the ones that were there before all the trades. Arizona didn’t trade for them wanting the exact guy, just the futures included.

Gotta be mentally tough. I can’t recall a similar situation anywhere before.

It’s probably a good way to do it and all the picks will do them nothing but good in the future, but the rebuild is nike no other and morale there will be very low for several years.

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

How can this farce of a franchise keep going?

Move them to Quebec already!

Don’t forget they were also forced to forfeit their 1st rounder this year for combine tampering. It really is mind blowing.

Arizona doing great work.

Should amount to a boatload of assets assuming they don't bungle every pick lol.

Or they can trade picks for established young players when they see fit.

37 minutes ago, 4petesake said:

No credit deserved,  I just ran across it elsewhere and thought others might enjoy it as much as I did. 

It's definitely amazing

• Hydration 1

Arizona is becoming a cap dump team and teams are taking advantage of it. They’re loading up in assets as well while doing it. They’re looking like a bottom feeder in the next year or two

3 minutes ago, Beary Sweet said:

Arizona is becoming a cap dump team and teams are taking advantage of it. They’re loading up in assets as well while doing it. They’re looking like a bottom feeder in the next year or two

Yup, trade deadline they'll flip the players and get more picks. They're definitely rebuilding

Arizona is doing what it feels like Seattle could have done (though perhaps to a lesser degree if they wanted to be competitive this year).  Can't hurt to stock up on picks and if they're mostly selling cap space, they're not really giving up any assets.