The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Panthers trade Anton Stralman, Vladislav Kolyachonok, 2024 2nd-round pick to Coyotes for 2023 7th-round pick

The only players under contract for the Coyotes next season (excluding prospects) are:

Clayton Keller

Nick Schmaltz

Christian Dvorak

Jakob Chychrun

Shayne Gostisbehere

and technically Andrew Ladd. They have a few RFAs to re-sign but honestly none of them are likely to cost that much.

Subject of course to any UFA signings this year, they currently have a total cap hit of just under $32M heading into next season meaning they can do this all over again next year.

They still have about $19M in cap space.  By my count, they have about 9 roster spots to fill which, at league min., would mean about an extra $9M or so in spending, so they have a lot of buffer room to still accept more cap dumps.

Edited by EternalCanuckFan

49 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

How can this farce of a franchise keep going?

Move them to Quebec already!

They are making it more valuable with all these picks and now that the seattle money came in arizona could be on the move but I doubt Quebec.   Probably Utah Oregon or Texas

I'm almost interested to see how Arizona will do this season.  Being the dumping ground for the leagues unwanted, and a lot of fan bases most hated, you'd hope that that would galvanize them to go out there and show them they still have a little in the tank.  If they could do that, imagine the picks Arizona could receive from trading a bunch of specialized players at the TDL with a host of 'intangibles' and 'experience'.  

1 hour ago, EternalCanuckFan said:

7 picks in the first 3 rounds in 2022, including their own.

Dvorak keller Chychrun soderstrom guenther. and those picks  thats a valuable franchise better than expansion seattle.  wonder where they move it

Edited by Iron Fist

40 minutes ago, RomanP said:

I think I understand now Arizona’s plan - they want to have all 32 picks in the second round next year lol.

Collecting lottery tickets for next year with a generational talent in the draft.

5 hours ago, Spoosh said:

I understand the full-on rebuild mode in Arizona but players there must be a bit frustrated knowing next year will be a total loss for them.

The whole team is basically full of players unwanted and very few will stay beyond this coming season. Including the ones that were there before all the trades. Arizona didn’t trade for them wanting the exact guy, just the futures included.

Gotta be mentally tough. I can’t recall a similar situation anywhere before.

It’s probably a good way to do it and all the picks will do them nothing but good in the future, but the rebuild is nike no other and morale there will be very low for several years.

Just imagine being Darcy Kuemper or Jakob Chychrun...

Wasting away in the desert...

No One Landscape GIF

The Yotes experiment has gone on way too long. What an embarrassing franchise. How can they expect to acquire new fans/revenue if their franchise is the NHL's dumpster for unwanted, underperforming, and overpayed players... Must be so frustrating for the few die hards.

• Upvote 1