The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Panthers trade Anton Stralman, Vladislav Kolyachonok, 2024 2nd-round pick to Coyotes for 2023 7th-round pick

5 hours ago, DeNiro said:

How can this farce of a franchise keep going?

Move them to Quebec already!

It would probably hurt the TV deal revenue to move out of Arizona.  It's one of the largest market in the US and growing.  When deciding where to locate the league probably looks primarily at revenue.  It's not just about fans/attendance but capturing the net balance by having a better national deal and by simply being in those markets can be overall more profitable than not.

Not sure either that the league would want to associate with a company whose president is strongly in favour of Quebec's independence.

• Cheers 1

2 2nd rounders is a good haul for a guy that can still play at a reasonable level. They can retain half and flip him for another pick at the deadline. Nice piece of business by the Yotes.

I was expecting Seattle to make these kind of moves, but it seems like they're going in a different direction. It'll be interesting to watch these 2 franchises, and see, which one gets good sooner.

I dont get the praise AZ is getting from some people (tank crowd, clearly).

This team is not rebuilding, because that would assume they had something built before.  The team has basically always sucked.  One good year, where they made the 3rd round. Out of 24 seasons. 

Chayka did a lot of cap weaponization in his time, and what good did it do them? 

You need to have a team culture in place for all these draft picks to come I to, and the culture in the desert is pretty damn bad.  Oiler bad.  Who is left to be a leader there?

It's the kind of craphole team that makes me glad the Canucks haven't been tanking.

• Vintage 1

3 minutes ago, Kragar said:

This team is not rebuilding, because that would assume they had something built before.  The team has basically always sucked.  One good year, where they made the 3rd round. Out of 24 seasons. 

Chayka did a lot of cap weaponization in his time, and what good did it do them? 

You need to have a team culture in place for all these draft picks to come I to, and the culture in the desert is pretty damn bad.  Oiler bad.  Who is left to be a leader there?

It's the kind of craphole team that makes me glad the Canucks haven't been tanking.

Well now they have Loui to mentor the young guys... 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Kragar said:

Yeah, I've been giggling while mostly biting my tongue here :lol:

Are they acquiring picks/prospects? Yes. Good for them I guess. But how long have they been doing this for (and people freak out about Benning building a better team in a 'long' 7 years :lol:)? How has that worked out for them in that time? Does it clue people in that maybe, just maybe, there's more to rebuilding than just simply acquiring picks and prospects? 

Any culture that team had, died, when they kicked Doan to the curb.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Any culture that team had, died, when they kicked Doan to the curb.

Absolutely. Keller sure isn't going to fill that void. But then, that's a tough one to fill.  He was a beast.

Not the same level as Doan, but them losing Garland probably wont help their cause.  Grit and skill is a great combo.

• Cheers 2

6 hours ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

Would be hilarious if Arizona pushes for a playoff spot, full of decent veterans and some skilled kids...you never know...

Beagle, Roussel and Eriksson combined for 10 points total last season.

They also lost their leading scorer in Garland. This is extremely unlikely to happen.