The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Rumour) Nick Ritchie (BOS) not qualified

RWJC

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

Means he’s a UFA. 

Ya I get that but I meant that perhaps he is not being qualified because they signed him before the deadline...

Much like happened with Gaudette.

• Vintage 1

Just now, GarthButcher5 said:

Ya I get that but I meant that perhaps he is not being qualified because they signed him before the deadline...

Much like happened with Gaudette.

Interesting.  He did have a very good year.  He might really like Boston, and will sign a new contract for less than his QO?  Is that what you’re thinking?  

His cap hit was only $1.5 million.  The qualifying offer would have only been $1.65 million.  I don't think they want him back.  At that salary he is a bargain.  Ritchie is probably looking at $2.5-$3 million so they cut him loose.  Boston is probably saving that cap space for someone else.

• Cheers 2

6 minutes ago, Dixon Ward said:

Odd, he played well.  They also have 20 million space and only 4 players to sign.

Maybe taking Schmidt and Holtby?  Maybe going after Landeskog?  Trying to have another run before Bergeron and Marchand age out?

They probably want to re-sign Rask and Krejci.  That will eat up half of that cap space remaining plus they need some D.  Schmidt is an option for them.  If they can trade DeBrusk that will also free up alot of cap to go all in on a forward.

35 minutes ago, GarthButcher5 said:

Think about it: if he already signed, they wouldn't have to qualify him since he's no longer an RFA.

• Cheers 2
  • RoughGame 1

He is now a top target in my eyes. Former 10th overall pick is right up Bennings alley as well. Third line banger to replace Jake. 
Make Podkolzin the star attraction in Abbotsford with top line minutes to adjust in NA and put his cap towards Ritchie.

Edited by KyGuy123