The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour/Speculation] Luke Schenn returning to Vancouver

AV.

We were all pretty happy with Schenn's short stint here. He certainly adds the physical element we need back there. And from the sounds of it, the price would be right from a depth perspective alone.

But really, this talk of Hughes and Schenn together isn't an ideal scenario to me. It'll work, but he really needs a stud like Larsson or Savard to get full offensive value out of him imo. (Which it looks like we can't afford without moving more money out)

4 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

The Stanley Cup Champion Tampa Bay Lightning are a bad team?

He didn't dress for game 5....as I said fantastic 7/8 dman is great.

Not 5/6.

Please don't tell me you'd healthly scratch Hedman, McDonagh, Serg,  Rutta, Cernak, or Savard for him?

Edited by Chris12345

12 minutes ago, Chris12345 said:

Pairing for me in the press box eating popcorn.

I mean let's not over sell the guy he's a 7/8 guy and he's fantastic at 7/8 but he's not a starter and if he is you have a bad team.

Nashville made the playoffs with Weber, who was nowhere close to a legit NHL player at any point in his career.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, King Heffy said:

Nashville made the playoffs with Weber, who was nowhere close to a legit NHL player at any point in his career.

Totally...doesn't mean it's good.

I said I love the deal as a 7/8 dman, gets 50 games with injuries.

Not a top 6.

Just now, Chris12345 said:

He didn't dress for game 5....as I said fantastic 7/8 dman is great.

Not 5/6.

Please don't tell me you'd healthly scratch Hedman, McDonagh, Serg,  Rutta, Cernak, or Savard for me?

Savard wasn't with the team for most of the regular season.  Schenn played in 38 regular season games.  He also played in 8 playoff games.  He might not have played in the final but he did contribute in some way to the Stanley Cup Champs.

To suggest he's a 7/8 on every team is false.  Not every team has Sergachev and Savard as a 3rd pairing.  He would be fine playing with Juolevi/Rtahbone.