Pearson JD Podz

Motte 4C 4RW

Hughes Hammer

OEL Myers

Rathbone Schenn

Juolevi

Demko

Holtby?

So if they trade Schmidt that would give them more than enough to fill out the D and sign their RFAs. If they decide to trade or buyout Holtby, have to think the are going after a UFA no?

Dont forget Nick Ritchie, Pius Suter, Tony DeAngelo, Evgeny Svechnikov, and Mark Jankowski. 

3 hours ago, Chris12345 said:

He didn't dress for game 5....as I said fantastic 7/8 dman is great.

Not 5/6.

Please don't tell me you'd healthly scratch Hedman, McDonagh, Serg,  Rutta, Cernak, or Savard for him?

Obviously not what he said. Also him not dressing in game 5 doesn't make the fact that he played in 38 regular season games and 8 playoff games not true. 

• Upvote 1

Love it. Disappointed he didn’t come back. He was the only guy at the time throwing hits, clearing the crease and sticking up for teammates. Can’t go wrong with with a guy like that.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

Schenn and Hakanpaa please.

Did you know that Jani Hakanpaa finished 3rd overall in hits last year at 215?  

OEL, Schenn and Hakanpaa is gonna make our team much harder to play against.

We have one down, one maybe coming and the last one hopefully on the way Wednesday afternoon...

Looking through the righties Luke does come to mind and did well during his last stint in Vancouver. 

Perhaps an under the radar signing and if under 900k per then not bad at all with his experience and on ice ability. A cleaner cheaper risk than some other options.

If we are not moving Schmidt or Holtby, then depending on RFA signing values, I project we will only have around $2m available to sign a 4C and a RHD.

In this case, Schenn at less than $1.25m could be just what the doctor ordered. Then we sign a 4C or 13th forward for league minimum and our roster is set. 

Miller Pettersson (7) Boeser

Hoglander Horvat Garland (4.75)

Pearson Dickinson (2.5) Podkolzin

Highmore MacEwen Motte

(13th forward, 750k)

OEL Schmidt

Hughes (6) Schenn (1.25)

Juolevi Myers

(Rathbone)

Demko (Hotlby)

• Cheers 1
  • RoughGame 1

4 hours ago, sarjakd said:

Looks like we've got our d partner for Hughes!

And this excites you.........why?

Dont get me wrong, I don’t mind Schenn being here as a 7th dman, but “being excited” over the idea of Schenn being Hughes 2nd pairing defense partner shouldn’t excite anyone at all.  In fact, it’s downright moronic....with all due respect.

58 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Schenn is a bottom pair D at best IMO. Ideally good depth, 6/7/8.

No problem with it if its under 1M, but not looking at him as any kind of replacement for Hamonic. Need to bring him back if we can. 

This is the correct answer.

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Schenn and Hakanpaa please.

Did you know that Jani Hakanpaa finished 3rd overall in hits last year at 215?  

OEL, Schenn and Hakanpaa is gonna make our team much harder to play against.

We have one down, one maybe coming and the last one hopefully on the way Wednesday afternoon...

I’m not seeing it to be honest.

OEL-Hakanpaa

Hughes-Schenn

Rathbone-Myers / Juolevi-Myers

Is not a very good defense.  Benning better have something better up his sleeve.  Hakanpaa might be a decent 2nd pairing option, and Schenn might be a decent 7th man option, but asking anything for more out of them would be nuts.