Jump to content
The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Capitals trade Brenden Dillon to Jets for 2022 2nd-round pick, 2023 2nd-round pick


Recommended Posts

Interesting deal.  I would imagine the plan is to reunite him with DeMelo.

 

As well, if the Canucks were to trade Schmidt, it seems this is a fairly good benchmark for value.

  • Like 1
  • Hydration 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • -Vintage Canuck- changed the title to [Trade] Capitals trade Brenden Dillon to Jets for 2022 2nd-round pick, 2023 2nd-round pick
2 minutes ago, AV. said:

Interesting deal.  I would imagine the plan is to reunite him with DeMelo.

 

As well, if the Canucks were to trade Schmidt, it seems this is a fairly good benchmark for value.

Dillon-DeMelo is a great pairing, especially for commentators!

  • Hydration 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, AV. said:

Interesting deal.  I would imagine the plan is to reunite him with DeMelo.

 

As well, if the Canucks were to trade Schmidt, it seems this is a fairly good benchmark for value.

I would love it if this were the case, but based on the deals the Canucks have made recently, I feel like they are targeting roster players. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Bertuzzipunch said:

Seattle had the option to select a defenseman whose value on the market was two 2nd round picks, and instead opted to select 25 year old goalie Vitek Vanecek. 
 

so glad ron francis aint my GM what a dumb GM.

Add Jake Bean and Kraken would be at three second rounders. Francis ffed up. 

  • Hydration 2
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Bertuzzipunch said:

Seattle had the option to select a defenseman whose value on the market was two 2nd round picks, and instead opted to select 25 year old goalie Vitek Vanecek. 
 

so glad ron francis aint my GM what a dumb GM.

Good chance, there was an understanding between Francis and some of the GM cause his pick from Carolina (his old club) was a little of a head scratcher with Bean being available.   Perhaps for a future favor.

Edited by ShawnAntoski
  • Hydration 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, ShawnAntoski said:

Good chance, there was an understanding between Francis and some of the GM cause his pick from Carolina (his old club) was a little of a head scratcher with Bean being available.   

Literally makes zero sense what francis is doing right jow.

  • Hydration 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Bertuzzipunch said:

Seattle had the option to select a defenseman whose value on the market was two 2nd round picks, and instead opted to select 25 year old goalie Vitek Vanecek. 
 

so glad ron francis aint my GM what a dumb GM.

Curious as to how Seattle Kraken fans are seeing Francis. Are they more merciful than our fan base? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Bertuzzipunch said:

Literally makes zero sense what francis is doing right jow.

He had ffdd up big time. Vegas ended up with plenty of pick for ammo to make changes. Kraken, not so much so far. I'm guessing Francis was asking for firsts all over the place when maybe the market was set at seconds. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...