The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Capitals trade Brenden Dillon to Jets for 2022 2nd-round pick, 2023 2nd-round pick

2 minutes ago, 24K PureCool said:

Cause he picked an underwhelming team with bunch of D and cap space and had so far done nothing with it. 

Free agency hasn’t started yet though. Probably should wait until it begins before going nuclear on Francis and the amount of cap space. And hey. Maybe they want to compete for worse team in the league for Wright next draft. 

also. Maybe Francis is going with the mantra that defense wins championships aka the Nashville model. 

Edited by N4ZZY

2 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

Free agency hasn’t started yet though. Probably should wait until it begins before going nuclear on Francis and the amount of cap space. And hey. Maybe they want to compete for worse team in the league for Wright next draft. 

also. Maybe Francis is going with the mantra that defense wins championships aka the Nashville model. 

I think it's quite pleasant when cdcers go nuclear on other GMs and not JB for a few comments.  :P

• Cheers 1

19 minutes ago, Bertuzzipunch said:

Seattle had the option to select a defenseman whose value on the market was two 2nd round picks, and instead opted to select 25 year old goalie Vitek Vanecek. 

so glad ron francis aint my GM what a dumb GM.

Wonder how many Seattle fans are already #fireFrancis 

Edited by AlwaysACanuckFan
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, DontMessMe said:

Pleaseee Just give me a 2nd round pick in 2022 for Schmidt with no salary retained. 

Would it be possible to get a prospect and a pick in return for Schmidt? Or would that be too much? 

1 hour ago, Bertuzzipunch said:

Oh ny bad thought u were talking about oetey lmao :picard:

im losing it

i would do pettersson @ 8 years time 9-9.5 million. Its Hughes I DOnt wanna go higher than 7.5.  He could end up being another Gostisbehere or Faulk

13 minutes ago, Trebreh said:

allegedly the Jets tried to trade for Schmidt multiple times but he denied the trade. <_<

Interesting.

Being from Minnesota he would be able to drive to Winnipeg from there.

Must not wanna be in Canada. 

54 minutes ago, Bertuzzipunch said:

Seattle had the option to select a defenseman whose value on the market was two 2nd round picks, and instead opted to select 25 year old goalie Vitek Vanecek. 

so glad ron francis aint my GM what a dumb GM.

Will Borgen is going to be Norris Trophy winner.  He has great analytics.  You heard it here first...  :)