The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Capitals trade Brenden Dillon to Jets for 2022 2nd-round pick, 2023 2nd-round pick

1 hour ago, 24K PureCool said:

Well he is being a b*tch about it.

32 minutes ago, 24K PureCool said:

Refuse to waive to Winnipeg even though he wanted out (per reports).

19 minutes ago, 24K PureCool said:

Yeah, if he didn't request a trade, then good for him for using his NTC. But too much smoke here.

So it isn't confirmed that he wants out, yet it's fine to insult the player?

Yes, this type of attitude from fans is surely going to make players want to sign with the Canucks...

• Cheers 1

32 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

He would go back to Vegas in a heartbeat..

They have 5m incapspace ..

a 2nd round pick next year?

or Nolan Patrick?

They just re-signed Martinez to keep their top-4 Ds intact.  CapFriendly hasn't recorded his contract yet - it will eat up those 5M. 

Vegas has apparently been trying to acquire Patrick for some time.

29 minutes ago, DontMessMe said:

BECAUSE HE HAS A NO TRADE CLAUSE. The guy has SOME CONTROL over his situation. In terms of waiving him, thats poor asset management and should be last resort and shouldn't even happen. 

As I said, if I were the GM, I won't give flying f**k about asset management in this situation. If I can't trade a player due to NTC especially one I didn't hand out, then I have no problem putting the player on waivers and let whatever team take the player or bury them in the minors to make their life miserable. Sometimes one have to hold the line to dissuades others from trying the same crap.

Edited by 24K PureCool
  • Wat 1

10 minutes ago, Master Mind said:

So it isn't confirmed that he wants out, yet it's fine to insult the player?

Yes, this type of attitude from fans is surely going to make players want to sign with the Canucks...

You won't ever get confirmation until like a decade later. All we can do is work off of the best information out there. There have been way too much smoke and signals going on here that make the probably of being true being way more likely than not.

If this wasn't true at all, Schmidt is free to do what Miller did and just shoot it down himself.

13 minutes ago, 24K PureCool said:

As I said, if I were the GM, I won't give flying f**k about asset management in this situation. If I can't trade a player due to NTC especially one I didn't hand out, then I have no problem putting the player on waivers and let whatever team take the player or bury them in the minors to make their life miserable. Sometimes one have to hold the line to dissuades others from trying the same crap.

Thank god you aren't GM then. 

20 minutes ago, mll said:

They just re-signed Martinez to keep their top-4 Ds intact.  CapFriendly hasn't recorded his contract yet - it will eat up those 5M. 

Vegas has apparently been trying to acquire Patrick for some time.

They are screwed and it looks good on them. No top center and no center depth. You can't win like that. 

1 minute ago, 24K PureCool said:

You won't ever get confirmation until like a decade later. All we can do is work off of the best information out there. There have been way too much smoke and signals going on here that make the probably of being true being way more likely than not.

If this wasn't true at all, Schmidt is free to do what Miller did and just shoot it down himself.

That's very weak reasoning to try and run a player out of town.

15 minutes ago, 24K PureCool said:

Harold Ballard? Is that you?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, PhillipBlunt said:

I wonder if Schlippz is rethinking his decision to relocate with the acquisition of Ekman-Larsson. And potentially Luke Schenn. Add Travis Hamonic to that. Why would Nathan want to leave?

Regular Season Sport GIF by NHL

Covid made the last year pretty crappy for Americans playing up here or Canadians down there. Duncan Keith didn't see his kid for like 8 months. 

Most teams probably won’t pay up for Schmidt while they have potential options to fill the role in free agency. Problem in Winnipeg is they can’t depend on getting free agents, so they had to trade for what they needed.

If a Schmidt trade happens, it probably won’t be until after the free agent options are all snapped up. Problem is though Vancouver will have to sign his replacement, which might weaken their leverage.