Jump to content
The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Schmidt & Holtby for picks & sign Hamilton


Recommended Posts

This would clear up over 10M in Cap space that we could use to sign free agent right hand defenceman Dougie Hamilton. 
 

OEL Hughes 

Rathbone Hamilton

OJ Myers 

Schenn


Possibly the best defence in the NHL…

 



 

Edited by grandmaster
Link to post
Share on other sites

Hamilton would be nice but would we still have enough money left over to extend all of Petey, Hughes, Dickinson, and Garland?  
 

Also, playing OEL and Hughes on the same pairing together would be diaharrea defensively.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Patel Bure said:

Hamilton would be nice but would we still have enough money left over to extend all of Petey, Hughes, Dickinson, and Garland?  
 

Also, playing OEL and Hughes on the same pairing together would be diaharrea defensively.

Yeah I think they would. Also OEL is a way better defenceman defensively that folks giving credit. Regardless, Green would figure out the pairings of who plays well with who at training camp/pre-season.

Link to post
Share on other sites

If it was that easy anyone can be GM. Already reported no one wants Holtby at 4.3mil, we would have to add a pick and we dont want to. Hopefully we can unload Schmidt for a 2nd. Now the final part, can we sign a substantial RD like Hamilton when a handful of teams are trying to do the same thing. If we can't, may be we are keeping Schmidt. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
39 minutes ago, Drakrami said:

If it was that easy anyone can be GM. Already reported no one wants Holtby at 4.3mil, we would have to add a pick and we dont want to. Hopefully we can unload Schmidt for a 2nd. Now the final part, can we sign a substantial RD like Hamilton when a handful of teams are trying to do the same thing. If we can't, may be we are keeping Schmidt. 

Not saying I’m a GM but is the forum to suggest proposals!
 

Perhaps a 500K retention could sweeten Holtby’s value a bit. He is not a bad 3.8M back up who could potentially step in as a number 1 if needed. The guy won a Cup. 
 

Agreed on keeping Schmidt if we can’t upgrade. 

Edited by grandmaster
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Bertuzzipunch said:

NHL fans heads would explode if this happened 

 

Hughes-Hamilton 

OEL-Myers

Rathbone-Schenn

jouveli, bowie

We can have the best defence in the show 100! The question is though. how many of those one goal games do you think we will win? Will it get us a championship? Look at the Tampa! They have a complete team with balance! Deadly on the front just as good on the back with a damn good tender. We should follow those traits! Not just concentrating on defence! Even though defence would look great! seems pretty tiring/boring to me;) does look good though. Think we need more help on offence yet. Imho

Edited by KnuckleHead16
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Drakrami said:

If it was that easy anyone can be GM. Already reported no one wants Holtby at 4.3mil, we would have to add a pick and we dont want to. Hopefully we can unload Schmidt for a 2nd. Now the final part, can we sign a substantial RD like Hamilton when a handful of teams are trying to do the same thing. If we can't, may be we are keeping Schmidt. 

i heard a rumor Schmidt  was not moving his ntc to go to a Canadian city, and yet he is the one that wants out, he is being picky on which team he goes to.

Link to post
Share on other sites

If Benning can get nice bridge deals done for Pettersson and Hughes he could do this. Might be scary having both OEL and Hamilton locked in at huge cap hits. Gotta have room for a Hughes when and if he does sign a bridge deal.

Link to post
Share on other sites

So, I'm not endorsing signing Hamilton specifically, but how would fans feels about a 7 year deal structured something as follows:

 

Yr1 10 million

Yr2 10 million

Yr3 8 million

Yr4 7 million

Yr5 7 million

Yr6 5.5 million

Yr7 4.5 million

 

52 million total, a little under 7.5 million per 

 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, flickyoursedin said:

If Benning can get nice bridge deals done for Pettersson and Hughes he could do this. Might be scary having both OEL and Hamilton locked in at huge cap hits. Gotta have room for a Hughes when and if he does sign a bridge deal.

This is a nice pipe dream but I don’t think it will be feasible.

 

With Ferland LTIR, we have about 29.5 million in cap space.

 

Hamilton would cost 9.5 million while Petey and Hughes will cost 7 million each if we are lucky.   So, 23.5 million here.  
 

Dickinson = 2.7 million + Hamonic + 2.5 million + money for Halak + money for OJ, etc.

 

I’m not sure I see it.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Patel Bure said:

This is a nice pipe dream but I don’t think it will be feasible.

 

With Ferland LTIR, we have about 29.5 million in cap space.

 

Hamilton would cost 9.5 million while Petey and Hughes will cost 7 million each if we are lucky.   So, 23.5 million here.  
 

Dickinson = 2.7 million + Hamonic + 2.5 million + money for Halak + money for OJ, etc.

 

I’m not sure I see it.  

If we could convince Petey and Quinn that Dougie Hamilton was coming, they probably wouldn’t mind signing cheap bridge contracts.

 

For the team, for upping their own stats to get more money later and for a potential Stanley Cup.

Edited by grandmaster
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...