The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Golden Knights trade Marc-Andre Fleury to Blackhawks for Mikael Hakkarainen

8 minutes ago, BPA said:

If MAF retires, is there a cap recapture penalty for Vegas/Chicago?

Vegas would have a $1M penalty.

15 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Love Lehner but sometimes for anyone’s mental health it’s best to not get too wrapped up in the internet. Especially Twitter 

• Hydration 3
19 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Lehner has to realize that there are just some miserable things that resemble people online who exist only to enjoy other people suffering. 

1 minute ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Lehner has to realize that there are just some miserable things that resemble people online who exist only to enjoy other people suffering. 

The World GIF

• Vintage 1
6 hours ago, Coconuts said:

Imagine winning the Vezina, making the conference finals, and carrying your team to the playoffs only to be traded and informed via Twitter.

Knights are garbage.

And they haven't even reached out. No class, no shame.

That's some kind of messed up. He played his heart out for them. That backstabbing picture from before certainly rings true. 

So what's Chicago's angle here? Did Fleury not state publicly that if he was traded he would retire? Why would they bother? Just in case it was a bluff and he will resign himself to being forced into action? 

This is just weird.

• Hydration 1
9 minutes ago, kloubek said:

That's some kind of messed up. He played his heart out for them. That backstabbing picture from before certainly rings true. 

So what's Chicago's angle here? Did Fleury not state publicly that if he was traded he would retire? Why would they bother? Just in case it was a bluff and he will resign himself to being forced into action? 

This is just weird.

Chicago's got nothing to lose if he chooses to retire 

He's a quality goaltender, they're tryna get the last gasp out of their franchise stars 

6 minutes ago, Kumquats said:

FB_IMG_1627459457798.jpg

Final FU to his agent I think.

Pretty crappy way to treat a guy that played his heart out for you.

• Hydration 1
18 hours ago, King Heffy said:

Hopefully somewhere he can be a clear #1.  Incredibly underrated goalie and a great teammate.

3 cups,second youngest goalie to record 400 wins.

Current Vezina winner.

Anyone who under rates him doesn't know much about hockey.

15 hours ago, BPA said:

If MAF retires, is there a cap recapture penalty for Vegas/Chicago?

No - his contract will simply come off the books.

It's no longer possible to sign recapture contracts ever since that was corrected in the 2013 CBA.  There are only 4 active recapture contracts left now that Parise/Suter have been bought out and Weber will probably not play again.

• Keith - Chicago would have a recapture penalty should he retire before the end of his contract but not Edmonton.
  • Carter - LA would be on the hook for a recapture penalty but not Pittsburgh
  • Quick
  • Crosby

Vegas never deserved him. I hope the franchise crumbles for years to come. Ship Lehner out of there so I can cheer for him on another team lol

• Vintage 1
6 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

Vegas never deserved him. I hope the franchise crumbles for years to come. Ship Lehner out of there so I can cheer for him on another team lol

with Tuch out 6 months, no Fleury, and no Reaves running around they are going to be easier to play against. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
25 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

I think they might have made it to another Cup Final with him in net, but they ditched him back to back years. 

• Hydration 1