The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks re-sign Conor Garland

So, in hindsight the missed out contract for Toffoli went to CG instead.  Better skater and I guess that, as well as age, is why it’s a bit higher than TT’s $4.25m

• Hydration 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

Im always worried about giving this kind of term to players who haven't played a single game with the team. I would have liked a 3 year deal or a cheaper 5 year deal, but it's not awful.

Jim is winning this off season so far. What a great deal, we locked up a top 6 forward just entering his prime for under 5m. He was on pace for like 70 points last season.

• Like 1
  • Vintage 2
Just now, aGENT said:

I seem to recall seeing that he was the 23rd highest scoring RW in the league... On a garbage team.

You were hoping to get that for under $4m AND with buying UFA years?

exactly, I love the caphit at 4.95m, keeping it under 5m per haha. Its the little things

• Hydration 1
  • Haha 2
  • Wat 2
2 minutes ago, aGENT said:

I seem to recall seeing that he was the 23rd highest scoring RW in the league... On a garbage team.

You were hoping to get that for under $4m AND with buying UFA years?

one can hope.

Could turn out to be a great deal. Glad Jim converted the value of the 9th pick into something good here. 

I’m excited about this kid. He’s been a consistent scorer last couple of seasons and I absolutely love this kid’s upside. He’ll look solid on Horvat’s or Dickinson’s RW. Boeser is a lock with Petey and Miller. This is a pretty good deal all in all. Thrilled to have him aboard

• Vintage 1
9 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

That was really fast. Shows that Garland is committed to staying with the Canucks.

And also, Aqua is not a cheap man. Shame on all those ppl who say he was cheap.

Plus, remember Benning isn't capable of signing good contracts. Lol! 

All the haters going to hate. Lol! 

• Thanks 1
  • Hydration 1

Locked in, nice. Who did Garland play on a line with in ARI?  He scored 22 goals 2 years ago, so I wonder what his ceiling will be playing on Bo's line. He's young too, which is great, speed, quicker healing time, etc. Him and Hoglander together could really cause some havoc. Two fearless chihuahuas who will not give up attacking. 

• Hydration 3