The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks re-sign Conor Garland

10 minutes ago, Chris12345 said:

He was a greater risk to poach than Petey.

Nice work Jimmy.

kind of, if a team offered this contract and we walked away we would get a 1st and 3rd round pick from said team. Better return than he would net on his own via trade imo. Hope Garland becomes our version of Gallagher...don't think he gets into the rough stuff consistantly like Gally but I have no idea, never really watched the guy just figured with him being near the top of scoring for the team that the Yotes were in a world of trouble if Garland is leading the way...now he is ours so I hope he bursts onto the scene and outplays this contract ala Burrows and his 4yr 8m deal we had him on for a while

5 minutes ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

He will easily outplay that contract. Was thinking he would be 5+ mil buying UFA years, creates a lot of cost certainty and certainty for Bo, that he has a legitimate RW for the next 2 years and potential few years afterwards should he resign.

Good piece of work with this contract.

Now get Pettersson signed before FA begins...I'd like to sleep soundly not having to wake up to find out an offer sheet is coming for the rest of the summer.

I assume you meant re-sign not resign?

This contract will define JB going forward and will put him at either hero or goat territory. Fired or rehired. He has signed some painfully contracts, forced some buyouts. If this ends up a dud, JB is done. I for one like it and to be honest he plays a style that we need more than Taffoli. Welcone Garland, I think you will be a fan favourite soon enough. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

I was expecting something 3.5-4M but the important thing is that it is done.

5M for Garland makes me think 7M for Pettersson is not gonna cut it tho.

5 years I like. We’ll have a core group intact for several years and I for one believe this is our season to get back in the hunt for the cup. 

1 hour ago, iinatcc said:

Hmm it's $500,000 too high I think. Also not sure if this is a steal considering Anthony Duclair's extension and only a millon less than Taylor Hall?

And on the bright side of this deal....................he's young, he's been a point producing forward everywhere he plays, HE WANTS TO BE HERE

• Like 1

Just now, AbrasiveAjax said:

And on the bright side of this deal....................he's young, he's been a point producing forward everywhere he plays, HE WANTS TO BE HERE

And he doesn't have any NTC or NMC so that helps

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1