The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Rumour) Canucks concerned about a Pettersson offer sheet

Just now, Nicklas Bo Hunter said:

i mean obviously. 

Ya, but why? Is Pettersson holding out to see what the offer sheet might be ? They wouldn't be concerned if they were close to a deal right now. Not a good sign . 

Just now, Nicklas Bo Hunter said:

it really is going to happen. Montreal is going to use their Weber money to try and Poach Petey. will not be a shocker. 

And something tells me petey is going to wait to use it as leverage.  

• Cheers 1

They should be.  After the buyouts, garland, oel, needing a new back up, another rhd and possibly still a bottom 6 body with Highest etc needing extensions that could be a serious issue.

I'd be willing to bet a number of GMs are doing the math on that right now and rightfully so.  A good GM will look at their options and Petey could be a coup for any of them

• Cheers 1

Just now, cuporbust said:

Ya, but why? Is Pettersson holding out to see what the offer sheet might be ? They wouldn't be concerned if they were close to a deal right now. Not a good sign . 

I think Petey might be over estimating where he is in his career.

• Like 2

Just now, shayster007 said:

I would be bummed out if Petey signed one. I know it happens, but loyalty is a huge factor in these tyoes of situations.

Yep. It's a great way for a player to get every penny he can in negotiations,  but not a great team move . 

• Vintage 1

1 minute ago, Nicklas Bo Hunter said:

it really is going to happen. Montreal is going to use their Weber money to try and Poach Petey. will not be a shocker. 

They don't have access to that Weber money until he goes on LTIR. 

• Cheers 3

2 minutes ago, cuporbust said:

Because his agent is smart and knows he can use other teams to boost up the price..... or he can even just force the nucks hand.