The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Rumour) Canucks concerned about a Pettersson offer sheet

45 minutes ago, Squamfan said:

Love how all the benning bros  on CDC are saying if he signed one let him go and take the draft picks. Those picks could easily be all Jake Virtanens with this teams drafting record. The fact they go to support Jim is sickening. He is once again running out of time.

Full Retard | Know Your Meme

You just went full #&(*&#(*#&. Never go full *#(*#()!&. 

• Haha 1

So where does this rumour origin from? I.e. who told dhaliwal. I'm guessing EP's agent indirectly.

It's a business. I don't think he'll sign an offer sheet or demand 9 mil+ but at the same time he needs to get the best deal he can with the Canucks.

17 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

If Seattle wants to do the deal, 2 first round picks, and a 2nd is worth it. Seattle is absolutely horrific on paper, assuming it's between 8.2 - 10 something

More than that, as you said. LOL. Seattle would be stupid to do this deal. Pettersson would also get booed EVERY single time as well.

I don't see Pettersson doing this deal at all. Not worth it.

Seattle still has a full off season to go before icing their team. The expansion draft was nothing. They basically just got 30 assets. We don't even know what it will look like come puck drop.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

I am going to go out on a limb and suggest Dhaliwal is completely wrong here. There is no concern of an offer sheet. The player is coming off his ELC, its a flat cap era and he can bridge then benefit much more long term. Yes there are other clubs out there with cap space sure, but remember the player actually has to sign the offer sheet in order for the Canucks to need to match. Don't see it happening.

Likely an attempt to continue complaining about cap space and the perception the Canucks are in trouble with their cap. They can bridge Petey, Hughes and fill out their roster under the cap as they have just over $ 20 million in space remaining.

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 2

Just now, J-P said:

So where does this rumour origin from? I.e. who told dhaliwal. I'm guessing EP's agent indirectly.

It's a business. I don't think he'll sign an offer sheet or demand 9 mil+ but at the same time he needs to get the best deal he can with the Canucks.

Dhaliwal is basically a living conduit for agents to get their message out. 

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, AV. said:

You need to count to three and have a timeout, mister.

Didn't anybody tell you to not shoot the messenger?

Oh give it a rest! You're the messenger. In case it's not clear, myself and many others don't like you or the crap you bring to this forum!! You honestly need to get lost...you're clearly not a fan or care about this team!!

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Just now, IRR said:

Oh give it a rest! You're the messenger. In case it's not clear, myself and many others don't like you or the crap you bring to this forum!! You honestly need to get lost...you're clearly not a fan or care about this team!!

Not everyone has to be a cheerleader of the team. 

• Cheers 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

1 minute ago, IRR said:

You know so little yet you speak so much.

Makes one wonder...

• Cheers 1
  • RoughGame 3

In all honesty, you look at the Aho thing from last season and it seems like a no brainer to see if he gets one. That could be the money he gets and that's it. It could be possible Petey's agent said this to Benning and that's why Benning came out and said we match any offersheet to Petey. I mean, why else would he not be signed yet. You would think you'd want this done before the start of free agency. Something is holding up the line.

• Cheers 1

Just now, AV. said:

If it gets him closer to UFA, why not?

Because he would be handcuffing the team he's currently on, which would hurt the team's chances of winning? Considering that, according to you and your "source", the team losing players in the offseason and not doing as well this last season is what initially pissed him off, that would seem to me to be a conflict of interest. 

Also, 4 years at earliest until he can become a UFA. That's not a short amount of time, and I doubt he would want to waste 4 years of his career on a ship that he sunk by bleeding them dry.

17 minutes ago, hero11 said:

If Vancouver can't match an offer sheet, take the draft picks and use that cap space elsewhere.

Lock up Hughes. 

Sucks if we lost Pettersson, but when one door closes another opens.

2 first round picks, a second round pick, a third round pick and 9 million in free space to spend on someone else?

I mean ya... Sorry Petey, love ya, but see ya later! 

• Cheers 1