The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Rumour) Canucks concerned about a Pettersson offer sheet

11 minutes ago, AV. said:

At the end of the day, he's an RFA.  The team obviously has control over him and there's only so much he can do personally.

What I know is that he was unhappy with what happened and that really tainted his view of the team's future.  Maybe things are different now after some of the moves made this off-season, doesn't seem so if the possibility of an offer-sheet has management scared.

Source please. Utter bull****

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

Taj isn't a credible source anyways. Recommend closing this thread until this comes from a credible source and not just a guy that spends half his time regurgitating what other, actually credible people say and half of his time trolling.

Taj is a news aggregator from all accounts.

• Haha 1

This is click bait. Go ahead and quote me (I’m wrong a lot so don’t really care). Petey is a good player, but the draft picks that come with an offer sheet of his caliber aren’t worth it for the offering team. In order to get Petey to sign the offer sheet it is going to be near 10 million. If Montreal wants to sign Pettersen to a 10 million deal ... let them. No Weber on the D. Price is injured, this could be 4 straight lottery picks. If they want to go 8 we will just match it. I don’t think Elias would make such a move for an extra couple $100K

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

Just now, 48MPHSlapShot said:

I just took an lengthy scan of his account. There's nothing there that indicates he is or has any sources.

Close the thread.

A new aggregator just reposts radio hits/article highlights/other tweets from secondary sources.  There's no need to close the thread because he's posting something said by Dhaliwal, a trusted source.

Hope this helps.

Just now, AV. said:

A new aggregator just reposts radio hits/article highlights/other tweets from secondary sources.  There's no need to close the thread because he's posting something said by Dhaliwal, a trusted source.

Hope this helps.

Trusted by whom exactly? JP Barry? 

• Cheers 1

I am not worried one iota that he won't be back with the Canucks or that he would even take an offer sheet. He isn't Kesler.

I see him re-signed around 7.25 for 3 yrs and Hughes around 6.75 for 4 yrs. 

That leaves the team with enough money to sign Dickinson, Juolevi a goalie, a forward and 2 more RD. This is all possible even without having to move Schmidt this year. 

3 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

How would you know such a thing........taj?

2 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Trusted by whom exactly? JP Barry? 

Lol.

I know you're a lot smarter than you're being right now.

• Like 1

Are some of yall serious? You'd drive Pettersson to Seattle if he got offer sheeted? So you're content with him fkn lighting us up, in our division, for the next decade eh? 
Its not gonna happen, and Petey's worth far more than what we would get as compensation......... everyone thought Vegas was gonna be a lottery team, look at how that turned out

Edited by Laheys Liquor

39 minutes ago, Xur said:

5hs87v.jpg

I just assumed this was commonly accepted around here. I feel like only Taj himself would regurgitate that drivel as a valid source. It's a shame there is such a small minority of loud mouth negative people in this market that yell louder then the rest. Makes us look bad.

• Cheers 1

If in the unlikely event that Petterson does sign an offer sheet, I suggest that Vancouver match the offer sheet but right away negotiate for a trade for Eichel. The organization as a whole cannot tolerate this type of negotiation tactic lest other RFA will attempt the same thing in future negotiations with Vancouver. 

9 minutes ago, N7Nucks said:

Taj is a clown, not even sure why he's considered a worthwhile source around here.

He literally bitches about everything. He has valid points on some things, but I feel he does it just to gain attention. Like most of social media, negativity draws ppl in to the argument. 

• Vintage 1