The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Rumour) Canucks concerned about a Pettersson offer sheet

23 minutes ago, wallstreetamigo said:

Seattle is not going to offer sheet him enough for 4 1sts to be the compensation. 2 firsts in 3 years, a 2nd, and, a 3rd would be the absolute max. 

Losing EP for draft picks right now should cause the immediate firing of Benning and Weisbrod. No question at all.

No way Seattle risks it. They're going to be bad. 

• Cheers 1

Just now, Whorvat said:

Surprise surprise, @AV. could not produce a source after spewing more of his incessant bs

My source is somebody I know personally.  There's no tangible evidence I can provide.

In any event, you do realize 1) I'm only sharing what I know/hear and 2) If you don't want to place credibility in my words, you don't have to.  I'm not claiming to be a Friedman or Dhaliwal lol.

Hope this helps.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • RoughGame 2

2 hours ago, stawns said:

Gotta be a fair deal.  Petey has been good, but if he's looking for superstar money he hasn't earned that and it's still on the fence whether he'll be that player or not.

Teams started to figure him out 

Agreed but if JB loses petey and/or Hughes, he should be booted out the door within the hour.  

21 minutes ago, Laheys Liquor said:

Are some of yall serious? You'd drive Pettersson to Seattle if he got offer sheeted? So you're content with him fkn lighting us up, in our division, for the next decade eh? 
Its not gonna happen, and Petey's worth far more than what we would get as compensation......... everyone thought Vegas was gonna be a lottery team, look at how that turned out

They're guaranteed lottery picks the next two years.  

8 minutes ago, AV. said:

My source is somebody I know personally.  There's no tangible evidence I can provide.

In any event, you do realize 1) I'm only sharing what I know/hear and 2) If you don't want to place credibility in my words, you don't have to.  I'm not claiming to be a Friedman or Dhaliwal lol.

Hope this helps.

I actually personally heard that Petey is willing to sign under market value, I will not supply a source though, I prefer to create rumors out of thin air.

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, DIBdaQUIB said:

Agreed but if JB loses petey and/or Hughes, he should be booted out the door within the hour.  

Why?  Depth is far more important than 1-2 players taking up a huge chunk of your cap

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Pettersson is teasing us in his latest Instagram story. :P

E7U5IOiVoAESMkF?format=jpg&name=large

Burkie is looking at this photo and saying to himself "man that's a really small skate gentleman.  A really small skate " 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, ShawnAntoski said:

Pfft - all RFA’s can be offered sheet.

My guess: The smitten Rags just can’t move on.

Minor point, but still worth mentioning; Hughes is an RFA but he's not eligible because he hasn't played enough games.

2 hours ago, stawns said:

Gotta be a fair deal.  Petey has been good, but if he's looking for superstar money he hasn't earned that and it's still on the fence whether he'll be that player or not.

Teams started to figure him out 

His season had nothing to do with teams learning anything they didn't already know. Ovie has been doing the same things forever and still scores non stop. It had to do with a serious wrist injury that made him hesitant to shoot.

1 minute ago, IBatch said:

If it's Hughes meh agreed we can live without him - EP nope. 

I love Petey, but he's not irreplaceable.  Ultimately we all know how this will end, he will sign in Van.......it's just a matter of how much he values team success over individual wealth