The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Rumour) Canucks concerned about a Pettersson offer sheet

25 minutes ago, stawns said:

I agree and that will be the end of the window before it even opens 

I f!cking hope not.   Stawns bro don't lose the faith!  At least we didn't chase Ovi for 10.5 the same net pay he just got in WSH over the next four years 

2 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

It's a binding legal document, so yes.

My worry is that the agent can force terms on us knowing that we'll match.

We need a reasonable deal for both sides if we want to be competitive.

35 minutes ago, awalk said:

#1 Centers are not easy to replace

Well.... Let's think about this.   Our team last year, which for sure is worse then the one we have this year, without EP, clawed their way back.   I personally believe aside from a select few superstars, the best value is found in the middle range.  That's the 5-7 range.   EPs also been sheltered with Miller - a perfect example of value - and Horvat another value deal ... what has EP really done that is dramatically different than any of them?   Does he deserve to get paid 50% more then them?  No he does not.   Yes maybe 20%.    RFAs aren't supposed to make UFA money either.   But somehow, even with flat cap, GMs just can't help themselves.  Sakic is screwing up all the good work he did at the moment. 

• Vintage 1

3 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Kesler and Ohlund both signed offer sheets early in their careers.

And? Good players and had good years with the nucks, but replaceable.

if the compensation on the offer sheet is substantial, you have to entertain the idea. Short term pain and all that. 

Besides its a moot point. Its likely all fake news click bait garbage anyway. 

2 minutes ago, MystifyNCrucify said:

And? Good players and had good years with the nucks, but replaceable.

if the compensation on the offer sheet is substantial, you have to entertain the idea. Short term pain and all that. 

Besides its a moot point. Its likely all fake news click bait garbage anyway. 

Just that matching worked out pretty well for us, with Ohlund in the ROH and Kesler a big part of 2011.  Colorado also matched a Sakic offer sheet; should they have let him walk?

21 minutes ago, IBatch said:

I f!cking hope not.   Stawns bro don't lose the faith!  At least we didn't chase Ovi for 10.5 the same net pay he just got in WSH over the next four years 

Believe, I love Petey but if he's looking to cash on big at this stage of his career then I hope they're exploring all their options because that will be the end of their chances

2 minutes ago, KyGuy123 said:

Look at the source and time it was posted! ElliotFried10…. This is not real grasshopper.

it's no wonder half of america thinks covid vaccines are secretly government microchips. 

people believe everything they read without a second's scrutiny. 

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

6 minutes ago, ForzaTikare said:

So... Canadiens?

Vancouver Canucks deleted from Bio and replaced with Stockholm

Screenshot_2021-07-27-22-51-12-409_com.android.chrome.jpg

Fake twitter account. @FriedgeHNIC is the real one. People need to be careful because this kinda of stuff just gets people going for no reason.

• Cheers 1

Just now, KyGuy123 said:

Look at the source and time it was posted! ElliotFried10…. This is not real grasshopper.

Just now, tas said:

it's no wonder half of america thinks covid vaccines are secretly government microchips. 

people believe everything they read without a second's scrutiny. 

Just now, shayster007 said:

Fake twitter account. @FriedgeHNIC is the real one. People need to be careful because this kinda of stuff just gets people going for no reason.

Wow, didnt look at the @name... Ill remove that 1! The Insta bio is still changed though.