The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Rumour) Canucks concerned about a Pettersson offer sheet

Just now, ForzaTikare said:

I dont got it saved, I can assure you it had "Vancouver Canucks #40" or something close to that

I mean no offense by this, but I can't really take your word as a source on this one since you just posted a fake twitter account. I don't use Instragram much at all, but I do have an account and follow Petey, and I don't recall it saying that.

• Cheers 1

15 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Just that matching worked out pretty well for us, with Ohlund in the ROH and Kesler a big part of 2011.  Colorado also matched a Sakic offer sheet; should they have let him walk?

this is a pointless discussion. If petersson signs a 10.3 offer sheet, you take the four firsts and run. If he signs 8.3, you seriously consider taking two firsts, second, and third. 

6.3-8.25 is likely the range he will sign for. If hes that worried about a million over team success, i question his character. If hes worried about term/not betting he will get more money next contract, i ask why. 

• Vintage 1

Just now, shayster007 said:

I mean no offense by this, but I can't really take your word as a source on this one since you just posted a fake twitter account. I don't use Instragram much at all, but I do have an account and follow Petey, and I don't recall it saying that.

So, how about this on his Twitter... image.png.5c5ecce9ba7125b25f61dc7d5c62c074.png

Canucks removed from Bio there too and pictures changed to Private; non-Canucks pictures

2 minutes ago, MystifyNCrucify said:

this is a pointless discussion. If petersson signs a 10.3 offer sheet, you take the four firsts and run. If he signs 8.3, you seriously consider taking two firsts, second, and third. 

6.3-8.25 is likely the range he will sign for. If hes that worried about a million over team success, i question his character. If hes worried about term/not betting he will get more money next contract, i ask why. 

So you agree with me that it's not black and white and it depends on the return.  

5 minutes ago, ForzaTikare said:

So, how about this on his Twitter... image.png.5c5ecce9ba7125b25f61dc7d5c62c074.png

Canucks removed from Bio there too and pictures changed to Private; non-Canucks pictures

So, how about that? Him changing his profile picture is now a tool to physiologically distance himself from the origination? Sorry but I just don't buy it. Maybe I don't know how the brain of a early something 20 year old works anymore, but personally a picture on social media does nothing to convince me.

Edited by shayster007
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

Just now, shayster007 said:

So, how about that? Him changing his profile picture is now a tool to physiologically distance himself form the origination? Sorry but I just don't buy it.

Im 99% sure he will sign with the Canucks and not on a Greed deal. My guess it will be something like a 2x6m bridge deal.. Hes way too much of a winner to screw the team over with a huge cap-hit. (Been following him since he was 13 and I have a hard time seeing he has changed in that)

1 minute ago, ForzaTikare said:

Im 99% sure he will sign with the Canucks and not on a Greed deal. My guess it will be something like a 2x6m bridge deal.. Hes way too much of a winner to screw the team over with a huge cap-hit. (Been following him since he was 13 and I have a hard time seeing he has changed in that)

That, I can agree with you on.

2 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

So you agree with me that it's not black and white and it depends on the return.  

Obviously lol. I think we may have misunderstood each other. 

I might even entertain the idea of matching a 6.3-8.3 offer sheet to see what i could get in trade from a team in the offer sheet teams division. Kinda like a screw you petersson/offer sheet team. 

Like i said, if he doesnt wanna be here, find someone who does. 

1 minute ago, ForzaTikare said:

I’m pretty much convinced he’ll sign and offer sheet and I will have 0 bad feelings. It’s a business. If he doesn’t that’s just a bonus this close to the deadline. 

2 minutes ago, J-Dizzle said:

I’m pretty much convinced he’ll sign and offer sheet and I will have 0 bad feelings. It’s a business. If he doesn’t that’s just a bonus this close to the deadline. 

I'll have some bad feelings.  It's a team game and if you don't have depth, you don't win.  

Just now, stawns said:

Elaborate please

Players like Tanev, Stecher, Toffoli didn't get a fair shot at what's coming.

Dahlen got hunted online due to Bennings words.

They are buddies and have apartments in the same area here in Sundsvall so they catch up with each other every summer for good fun. 

I said a long time that Bennings behaviour can come back and bite his ass.

The ones that can stop that is the Sedins. 

• Haha 2
  • Wat 1

6 minutes ago, shayster007 said:

So, how about that? Him changing his profile picture is now a tool to physiologically distance himself from the origination? Sorry but I just don't buy it. Maybe I don't know how the brain of a early something 20 year old works anymore, but personally a picture on social media does nothing to convince me.

I dunno, the timing of this seems significant. It could be a message used to put pressure on management, saying that he's willing to distance himself from the team if things don't work out.

53 minutes ago, IBatch said:

Well.... Let's think about this.   Our team last year, which for sure is worse then the one we have this year, without EP, clawed their way back.   I personally believe aside from a select few superstars, the best value is found in the middle range.  That's the 5-7 range.   EPs also been sheltered with Miller - a perfect example of value - and Horvat another value deal ... what has EP really done that is dramatically different than any of them?   Does he deserve to get paid 50% more then them?  No he does not.   Yes maybe 20%.    RFAs aren't supposed to make UFA money either.   But somehow, even with flat cap, GMs just can't help themselves.  Sakic is screwing up all the good work he did at the moment. 

Well, Miller is a more egoistic crash and burn player.

Petey gets better and better and better and better... 

Those two aren't comparable. 

• Haha 1

If somebody is going to pay Petey more than $10,800,000; take the picks.

Move 2 picks for immediate help, hold the other 2 for usage down the road.

Edit to add.

Don't move the pick for Connor Bedard's draft, just in case.

Edited by gurn
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

8 minutes ago, Timråfan said:

Players like Tanev, Stecher, Toffoli didn't get a fair shot at what's coming.

Dahlen got hunted online due to Bennings words.

They are buddies and have apartments in the same area here in Sundsvall so they catch up with each other every summer for good fun. 

I said a long time that Bennings behaviour can come back and bite his ass.

The ones that can stop that is the Sedins. 

Dahlen was hunted online? You realize the online "hunters" who "hunted" Dahlen, are people free to make up their own minds regarding what they do with their free time? Benning didn't stand at a pulpit and sic his online hunters on Dahlen. The hyperbole here is laughable. 

• Vintage 1