The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Rumour) Canucks concerned about a Pettersson offer sheet

9 hours ago, Top Sven Baercheese said:

A dangerous thing to say looking back. What's to stop CGY from offering 12M just to handcuff the Nux

Calgary doesn't have the space and are going to need to negotiate a new contract with Tkachuk soon. Karma's a bitch, this is why offer sheets almost Never happen.

4 minutes ago, smokes said:

If it was just Petey then I would think it's Petey holding our but both Petey and Quinn is not signed. That's Benning. Watch both get offer sheets.

QH cannot be offersheeted.  He's group 10.2(c) RFA.  It's why they burned off that 1st year (9 games at the end of the season). 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, .Naslund said:

If seattle offer sheets him, I'm letting him go and entering the Wright/bedard/michkov sweepstakes haha 

Losing Petey would be setting our franchise back 3-5 years if we need to draft and wait for development.. 

Might as well say bye to Boeser and Horvat too

4 minutes ago, CanucksJay said:

Losing Petey would be setting our franchise back 3-5 years if we need to draft and wait for development.. 

depends what they did with the extra cap I guess

13 teams have their, required draft picks to offer between $8,221,464 to $10,276,829 giving up 2 firsts, a second and a third.

Arizona

Buffalo

Calgary

Carolina

Dallas

Detroit

Minnesota

Montreal

Nashville

New Jersey

Rangers

Ottawa

Seattle

All 32 teams have the 4 firsts required to bid higher than that.

10 minutes ago, CanucksJay said:

The picks you get from who ever can be flipped to get immediate help. Although I'd like to hold onto the Bedard draft, first rounders.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Burke challenging Lowe to a fight over the Penner offer sheet was hilarious though.

Exactly, this has been used exactly 3 times in the last 10 years and matched every time.

I think the media is more interested in drama than what's a real threat. 

• Upvote 1