The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Rumour) Canucks concerned about a Pettersson offer sheet

3 minutes ago, Squamfan said:

So losing Petey would be a positive because this gm can’t multitask 

Losing Petey would be a risk or possibility as an asset in a business world.

Your endless complaining, negativity; and whining is just perpetually sad and as consistent as the leafs not making it past the first round.

Try not to drop a straw man in here when I'm pointing out your negativity and own it

Edited by Warhippy
  • Haha 1

this is why I like to burn the 1st year of deals and have guys as 10.2.c RFAs. 

It is what it is, the compensation is massive if it does go down. We'll match anything that doesn't create 4 1sts. 

1 minute ago, Warhippy said:

Losing Petey would be a risk or possibility as an asset in a business world.

Your endless complaining, negativity; and whining is just perpetually sad and as consistent as the leafs not making it past the first round.

Try not to drop a straw man in here when I'm pointing out your negativity and own it

Also notice how nobody really noticed or even cared while he was gone?

10 minutes ago, BPA said:

Offersheet compensation would be 2 x 1st (within 3 yrs), 2nd, and 3rd.  Only 13 teams can do that (MTL included).  Maybe MTL does us a favor and only does the minimum of $8.2M x 7yrs (like they for Aho).  I can live with that price.

4x 1st.   The overall contract is divided at most by 5 years to determine the compensation bracket.  

8.2M x 7 years = 57.4M then divided by 5 is 11.48M

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, kanucks25 said:

Losing a young 1C sets this "rebuild" back years.

This is why some preach cap flexibility. If you need to overpay, you overpay essential players, not placeholders and support/secondary players like the ones we've signed in free agency.

Very few teams have this so-called "cap flexibility". Not to mention COVID/flat cap, and the Luongo recapture, both of which have nothing to do with this management.

Total bull$&!# narrative you're trying to spin.

10 minutes ago, Squamfan said:

Love how all the benning bros  on CDC are saying if he signed one let him go and take the draft picks. Those picks could easily be all Jake Virtanens with this teams drafting record. The fact they go to support Jim is sickening. He is once again running out of time.

Umm, what? Such a stupid comment, even for you.

• Haha 1
  • Vintage 1

One thing people also need to consider is that the Canucks are still needing to play in free agency unless they plan to stay in house ( not our mo )

Knowing that a possible offer sheet is coming this kills their ability to sign anyone as they need to wait and see what that might look like unless they retain him early at a set dollar amount.

Even the rumour of an offer sheet can handcuff a teams flexibility

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

If they’d be worries about that they would have signed him already. 

But if it was me in charge, I would have signed him first even if there is ’no hurry’ to do it. But since we really don’t know what is going on and what has been discussed I’m not worried just yet.

I highly doubt they are sweating over it or they’d have it on paper on EP40’s terms.