Hoglander - Horvat - Garland

Pearson - Dickinson - Poldkozin

Motte - Sutter - Highmore

OEL - Myers

Hughes - Hamonic

OJ/Rathbone - Poolman

Demko

Halak

I think this is a reasonably likely line-up.  Like BabychStache however, I would switch Pearson and Hoglander.  The D pairings are up in the air but with Hamonic returning, a Hughes-Hamonic pairing does seem likely.  Personally I think Myers is a bit of the odd man out in terms of style since most of the puck carrying D for the Canucks are actually on the left, so I'm not sure how well he fits with any of the LHD.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, EternalCanuckFan said:

I think this is a reasonably likely line-up.  Like BabychStache however, I would switch Pearson and Hoglander.  The D pairings are up in the air but with Hamonic returning, a Hughes-Hamonic pairing does seem likely.  Personally I think Myers is a bit of the odd man out in terms of style since most of the puck carrying D for the Canucks are actually on the left, so I'm not sure how well he fits with any of the LHD.

Seeing Hogs and Podz on the same line with Dickie concerns me a little.

Updated, with some time to go of course, but:

Miller - Pettersson - Boeser

Garland - Horvat - Hoglander

Pearson - Dickinson - Motte

MacEwan - Sutter - Podkolzin

Lockwood/Gadjovich

OEL - Myers

Hughes - Hamonic

Rathbone - Poolman

Juolevi/Schenn

Demko

Halak

Actually a pretty decent, well-balanced lineup. However we all thought this prior to last season. JB has done his job, the players and pieces are in place that make sense. Now it's on our coaches and players to execute. If this lineup isn't in a playoff position by 1/3-1/2 of the season, JB has to shakeup the coaches and fire Green.

2 hours ago, Jester13 said:

Seeing Hogs and Podz on the same line with Dickie concerns me a little.

Me too, initially.

Then I looked at some highlights of Dick and realized he actually has more talent than I gave him credit for. I saw some stickhandling in tight that looked anything but below average offensively. Perhaps new linemates in a new system will do him good.

I also wanted to recount the WCE line as an example. Morrison was clearly the weak link of that line, and his stats reflected that. Yet, in that case, he remained our top line C for years and performed adequately. When he did finally move on, he was immediately not as good of a player. Point being that it's really the sum of the players of any given line. Dick may never blow us away individually, but he has two linemates that play the game in a manner which will create opportunities. I wouldn't want to pass judgement until I see what he can do with that opportunity.

Furthermore, we may find that to start, Podz might not be an immediate top 6 player. He might start out barely a 3rd line player for all we know so far. In that case, the point kinda becomes moot. In that case, perhaps we consider Hogs to the 2nd and Pearson to the 3rd as an alternative look.

Edited by kloubek

3 hours ago, EternalCanuckFan said:

I actually liked Joulevi and Myers pairing last year. Hughes and Hamonic started looking a lot better by end of the year. That leaves OEL- Poolman pairing. Rathbone and Schenn as extras. 

Also agree with swapping Hoglander and Pearson. 

Fourth line of 

Motte-Sutter-Mackewen would be reliable and eat some minutes. 

56 minutes ago, kloubek said:

Me too, initially.

Then I looked at some highlights of Dick and realized he actually has more talent than I gave him credit for. I saw some stickhandling in tight that looked anything but below average offensively. Perhaps new linemates in a new system will do him good.

I also wanted to recount the WCE line as an example. Morrison was clearly the weak link of that line, and his stats reflected that. Yet, in that case, he remained our top line C for years and performed adequately. When he did finally move on, he was immediately not as good of a player. Point being that it's really the sum of the players of any given line. Dick may never blow us away individually, but he has two linemates that play the game in a manner which will create opportunities. I wouldn't want to pass judgement until I see what he can do with that opportunity.

Furthermore, we may find that to start, Podz might not be an immediate top 6 player. He might start out barely a 3rd line player for all we know so far. In that case, the point kinda becomes moot. In that case, perhaps we consider Hogs to the 2nd and Pearson to the 3rd as an alternative look.

Yeah, it's having both Podz and Hogs on the same line that might not work. But, then I think that Pearson might shine the best on the 2nd line with Bo. Oh, so many options. This is such a great problem to have hahaha.

• Upvote 1

This is actually pretty crazy. Our top 6 is vastly improved with a 30 goal scorer. 
Our bottom 6 is vastly improved with a proper 3rd line center (Dickinson)
Our PK is improved with Jason Dickinson, and with Poolman + OEL instead of Edler
Our D is vastly improved with OEL, & Hughes no longer having to play the hardest minutes

Prediction:
Miller-EP-Boeser
Hogs-Horvat-Garland
Pearson-Dickinson-Podkolzin
Motte-Sutter-Highmore

OEL-Hamonic
Hughes-Poolman
Juolevi-Myers
*Schenn

Demko
Halak

On 7/27/2021 at 11:48 AM, kanucks25 said:

Pearson - Dickenson - ________

Motte - Sutter - Podkolzin

MacEwan

OEL - ________

Hughes - Hamonic

Rathbone - Myers

Juolevi - Schenn

Demko

________

________'s are players that are currently not with the organization.

Revised:

Pearson - Dickenson - Podkolzin

Motte - Sutter - Whoever wins a spot at camp

OEL - Myers (godspeed)

Hughes - Hamonic

Rathbone - Poolman

Juolevi - Schenn

Demko

Halak

• Upvote 2

I don't see OEL and Myers as a pair they bring offense and JB just brought in a lot of defensive defense men. 

On the 2nd unit powerplay yes 5 on 5 more like this

Hughes Hamonic 

OEL Poolman

Rathbone Myers

OJ Scheen

With Hamonic, Poolman and Scheen competing for the spot on Hughes right side second best goes on the pairing with OEL.

Forwards

Miller EP Boeser

Hogs Horvat Garland

Pearson Dickenson Pods (just can't see Hogs and Pods on the same line Pearson brings the defensive game to the third line and Hogs played well with Horvat last season)

Motte Sutter ( and the one that wins out hardest working player in the pre-season)

Edited by Arrow 1983
  • Like 1

Just now, canuckleheads fan said:

Hogz and Podz can provide the offense, crash the net, pound the boards, and create turnovers, while Dickenson can be the high man in the zone, to cover their back on defense,

Pearson and Dickenson can teach Pods the Canadian defensive game Hogs paired with Horvat will have more offensive opportunities 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Arrow 1983 said:

I don't see OEL and Myers as a pair they bring offense and JB just brought in a lot of defensive defense men. 

On the 2nd unit powerplay yes 5 on 5 more like this

Hughes Hamonic 

OEL Poolman

Rathbone Myers

OJ Scheen

With Hamonic, Poolman and Scheen competing for the spot on Hughes right side second best goes on the pairing with OEL.

Forwards

Miller EP Boeser

Hogs Horvat Garland

Pearson Dickenson Pods (just can't see Hogs and Pods on the same line Pearson brings the defensive game to the third line and Hogs played well with Horvat last season)

Motte Sutter ( and the one that wins out hardest working player in the pre-season)

Is Scheen bringing the coke? :ph34r: