The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks trade Nate Schmidt to Jets for 2022 3rd-round pick

1 hour ago, redhdlois said:

Petey and Quinns’s agents are now salivating.  

Just because cap space is available does not mean they are going to be paid above market value. Quinn knows his cap - below heiskanen; EP knows his as well - below Aho by probably 1M.

Edited by I.Am.Ironman
  • Cheers 3

1 hour ago, CanuckGAME said:

Oh the team sucked because of covid eh.  Not like the rest of the NHL had the same thing to deal with.

Actually no the whole league didn't have our schedule to start the season or you know...miss a month because the whole team got covid..... 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, I.Am.Ironman said:

Just because cap space is available does not mean they are going to be paid above market value. Quinn knows his cap - below heiskanen; EP knows his as well - below Aho.

How about that Schmidt trade, eh?  

4 minutes ago, Hogs & Podz said:

To be quite honest with you, this is the ONLY place in canuckland that is somewhat positive... Thank god we have one place anyway!  What's wrong with that?

Positivity here borders on delusions at times , while being critical is met with pitchforks and angst. 

• Haha 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

1 hour ago, RWMc1 said:

My point is that we should have gotten a better return. People complain about constant negative posters and their anti Benning agendas. I think it should be okay to criticize a move sometimes. I expected a better return for a player of his calibre regardless of what we paid to acquire him.

You can’t always get what you want.

But if you try sometime, you might find, 

You get what you need.

And we need cap space.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Rick_theRyper said:

What about Subban? There’s one off the top of my head! That’s one that’s been bad for five years and finally about to end 

yeah - we can name about 20 off the top of our heads.

it was sarcasm

Great move! Finally! ;)

It's too bad Nate came to us during such a God awful year of a season. Wish he had a better experience with us but I also wish him well going forward. 

JB recouped the pick. Now we need a solid replacement. Excited for the start of FA tomorrow. 

• Cheers 2

6 minutes ago, Rick_theRyper said:

VANCOUVER CANUCKS

Vancouver Canucks
PROJECTED CAP HIT Tooltip : $55,410,659
PROJECTED LTIR USED Tooltip : $0
PROJECTED CAP SPACE Tooltip : $26,089,341
CURRENT CAP SPACE Tooltip : $26,089,341
TODAYS CAP HIT Tooltip : $55,410,659
ROSTER SIZE: 13
CONTRACTS: 23/50
RESERVE LIST: 43/90

Up to just over 26$ million now, really wish we waited to resign Pearson and we’d have tons of space for Petey, Hughes, and all the filler.

All the garbage is gone but we still need a scapegoat? 3.25 aka 4% of the cap is nothing. For what he brings on the defensive side, and proven scoring ability, 3rd line can play 2nd, PP & PK, Fair deal. Not to mention all the behind the scenes we don't get to see

2 minutes ago, wallstreetamigo said:

I shudder at free agency opening before EP and Hughes are signed. I sense a couple of bad overpay signings by Benning coming up.

Given his track record, everyone should be quite concerned and that is fair.

• Cheers 1

28 minutes ago, Timråfan said:

I think we agree on Dahlen but I would have solved the problem without burden Petey with it.

Just loan him out to Timrå and no Fuzz. 
we would still have him now if so. 
But the trade seems to be good also so it doesn’t matter much now

My boy is going to be a Canucks' star one day.  He has the look of a Patrik Sundstrom to him

3 minutes ago, Silky mitts said:

Positivity here borders on delusions at times , while being critical is met with pitchforks and angst. 

There is very little middle ground. Much of the critical is full on Trump supporter level delusion. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, PistolPete13 said:

You can’t always get what you want.

But if you try sometime, you might find, 

You get what you need.

And we need cap space.

I get why we did it. I still don't like the return. Sarcastic comments will not change my opinion on that.