The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks trade Nate Schmidt to Jets for 2022 3rd-round pick

1 hour ago, tas said:

what a way for schmidt to endear himself to winnipeg fans, too. refusing multiple times to go there, and then finally giving in as a last resort after having to be convinced by a former teammate. 

it's sure gonna sound genuine when he says at his welcoming press conference "golly gee, I'm just so excited to be here!"

Maybe he’s going to show Winterpeg fans the Steve Francis lower lip drop at his opening presser.

(obscure VCR Grizzly reference)

I’m betting since we want to run 3 scoring lines Tampa is now the target the same way Vancouver was. Great process for Jim to learn from and I see Tyler Johnson coming back with one of Cernak or Sergachev to mentor Podkolzin. Probably will give up very little in return ( maybe the 3rd from the Schmidt trade plus something small) and when Johnson has one or two years left you can flip him. Please be on my same wave length on this one Jim.

Where are all of the fans that gave me **** because I didn't think he was a top pairing D man ? I also said he was over paid.

You are the same ones who think OEL is a top pair D man. You think that because Jim has told you he so. Everyone else in the league has said he has been declining for the past 4 years. Yet you believe Jim.

Jim's amazing plan is becoming so much clearer now. LOL

Well at least we have some cap space. Oh crap, Jim has money to spend!

5 X 5 for Garland. 

I expect two  8 X 8 deals real soon.

If Garland got 5 mil then Dickinson will get 3.5 mil.

Jim is like a kid with a twenty burning a hole in his pocket. 

• Wat 1
  • RoughGame 2

Just now, Mustard Tiger said:

Like how the fans called for 7-8m on boeser, Meanwhile JB got him at 5.875?

Lol 

I think what we are talking about here bud is the myers contract,, beagle contract, Roussel contract, erikkson contracts that he signed . Along with the plethora of past failure contracts. 

1 minute ago, Silky mitts said:

Positivity here borders on delusions at times , while being critical is met with pitchforks and angst. 

That's because criticism is all around us in relation to the canucks and for many of us, 'delusional' or not have had a very rough go since covid showed up... And even longer for those that suffer from other challenges.  Our sports teams give us a break from it all... A happy place.  So why sh!t all over it.... When much of this world is in chaos?  Just one place, one place of reprieve.  However, freedom of speech is our right still lol?  So I get it... Just think its sad to focus on the lack rather than the strength.... Yah dig?

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

Just now, appleboy said:

Where are all of the fans that gave me **** because I didn't think he was a top pairing D man ? I also said he was over paid.

You are the same ones who think OEL is a top pair D man. You think that because Jim has told you he so. Everyone else in the league has said he has been declining for the past 4 years. Yet you believe Jim.

5 X 5 for Garland. 

Jim is just fighting for a playoff spot not the cup... he want's his job.

Aqua wants his playoff revenue .

1 minute ago, RWMc1 said:

I get why we did it. I still don't like the return. Sarcastic comments will not change my opinion on that.

Aw c’mon that was a Rolling Stones reference. Not even a bit sarcastic.

I wanted more in return too, but it didn’t work out, so I’m moving on.

I regard my self not a an opinion changer, but More like someone who likes to chime in. 

4 minutes ago, KyGuy123 said:

I’m betting since we want to run 3 scoring lines Tampa is now the target the same way Vancouver was. Great process for Jim to learn from and I see Tyler Johnson coming back with one of Cernak or Sergachev to mentor Podkolzin. Probably will give up very little in return ( maybe the 3rd from the Schmidt trade plus something small) and when Johnson has one or two years left you can flip him. Please be on my same wave length on this one Jim.

Danny Devito No GIF

2 minutes ago, appleboy said:

5 X 5 for Garland. 

I would happily take the 8x8 on EP. A little high for Q but with what Makar got it is in the ballpark. 

1 minute ago, Hogs & Podz said:

That's because criticism is all around us in relation to the canucks and for many of us, 'delusional' or not have had a very rough go since covid showed up... And even longer for those that suffer from other challenges.  Our sports teams give us a break from it all... A happy place.  So why sh!t all over it.... When much of this world is in chaos?  Just one place, one place of reprieve.  However, freedom of speech is our right still lol?  So I get it... Just think its sad to focus on the lack rather than the strength.... Yah dig?

Fair enough, but we want the team to succeed just as bad as any other fan does. If passion leads to criticism so be it, but I can see your angle, anyone can choose how to follow  a team. Gatekeeping is the worst.

Let's hope this team can surprise us 

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, KyGuy123 said:

That would be nice, but I'm pretty sure both Cernak and Serg are untouchable.

2 minutes ago, Silky mitts said:

Lol 

I think what we are talking about here bud is the myers contract,, beagle contract, Roussel contract, erikkson contracts that he signed . Along with the plethora of past failure contracts. 

Interesting thoughts buds, Like the ones that helped us acquire what will be our new top pairing dman, along with a very good top 6 winger?

Gosh all in all those signing kinda worked out, But lets pick and choose what we look at eh

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

That would be nice, but I'm pretty sure both Cernak and Serg are untouchable.

How do they shed cap then? Two big salaries have to come off and Killorn already killed that in the Seattle expansion draft. It’s a no brainer in my eyes. One forward and one D will have to go to be cap complainant