The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks trade Nate Schmidt to Jets for 2022 3rd-round pick

1 minute ago, Cromeslab said:

Benning making an effort to improve this team,can’t criticize him for that.

take a look at hfboards Canucks. lots of ppl still bitching despite Jim getting rid of 5.9m without retention. 

• Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, PositionOfPower said:

No Edler or Sutter.please time to move on and have some new leadership faces on D. Insanity is repeating and expecting different results. This is a business Edler has been on a downward trajectory.

I have a feeling Sutter will be back at 4th line center. We don't have a single right shot center. 

3 minutes ago, PistolPete13 said:

Aw c’mon that was a Rolling Stones reference. Not even a bit sarcastic.

I wanted more in return too, but it didn’t work out, so I’m moving on.

I regard my self not a an opinion changer, but More like someone who likes to chime in. 

I'm knew the song you quoted. It seemed sarcastic to me. No worries.

I'm not dwelling on it either.

I'm expecting other people to quote me and restate the same thing that other posters have already said.

We need the cap space, we need the cap space. I know that, I don't like the return. I don't have to love every deal. It shouldn't bother people that much. It's one person's opinion and I'm not obsessing over it.

4 minutes ago, Mustard Tiger said:

Interesting thoughts buds, Like the ones that helped us acquire what will be our new top pairing dman, along with a very good top 6 winger?

Gosh all in all those signing kinda worked out, But lets pick and choose what we look at eh

OEL is not a top pairing dman anymore. That contract is another ugly one . We are banking hard on a resurgence.

And no those signings led to moves such as being unable to retain toffoli, tanev. You know a top 6 player and a great top 4 dman. 

5 minutes ago, RWMc1 said:

I'm knew the song you quoted. It seemed sarcastic to me. No worries.

I'm not dwelling on it either.

I'm expecting other people to quote me and restate the same thing that other posters have already said.

We need the cap space, we need the cap space. I know that, I don't like the return. I don't have to love every deal. It shouldn't bother people that much. It's one person's opinion and I'm not obsessing over it.

It would be so much easier, if everyone, including you, just agreed with me.  :)

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Silky mitts said:

Fair enough, but we want the team to succeed just as bad as any other fan does. If passion leads to criticism so be it, but I can see your angle, anyone can choose how to follow  a team. Gatekeeping is the worst.

Let's hope this team can surprise us 

I really do wish their was a middle ground place for this kind of discussion. I generally prefer to have a more optimistic outlook, which is why I prefer CDC, but you do tend to get downvoted into oblivion for being critical. Then of course you get the opposite on HF or Twitter, where any ounce of praise is ridiculed beyond belief.

Such is the life of a Canuck fan.

• Cheers 1