The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks trade Nate Schmidt to Jets for 2022 3rd-round pick

8 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Really? They were disappointed? 

“These magnificent apex predators can kill and disembowel a great white shark for its liver.”

”But…but….it’s just a dolphin!”

Could have used a dolphin when this was going on!

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

Pearson's signing was fine dude. This false narrative that he's overpaid keeps getting perpetuated lol.

Simply said the order of our signings was and is becoming an issue. Offering Pearson an extension with. nTC was not needed during a bogus season! 

lol

Jim should have no problem attracting UFA's.

They can expect to get paid more than their worth. The Canucks will throw in at least one extra year and at the end of your contract you will get to spend the winter in Arizona.  

• Haha 1
  • RoughGame 2

1 minute ago, Rick_theRyper said:

Simply said the order of our signings was and is becoming an issue. Offering Pearson an extension with. nTC was not needed during a bogus season! 

lol

What issue?

Horvat was especially happy that Pearson was signed. That means something.

• Cheers 1

55 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

I think Tampa would be more willing to ship Johnson off for a pick than they would be to cough up anything significant from their roster. If I'm a GM and my team's window is wide open, I'm doing everything I can to hold on to every significant piece of my two time Stanley Cup winning team that I can. 

Or, considering it's Tampa, I simply wait for a mysteriously well timed injury to hit so I can put someone on LTIR.

Who’s taking Johnson for a pick? That would have happened 2 years ago

3 minutes ago, appleboy said:

Jim should have no problem attracting UFA's.

They can expect to get paid more than their worth. The Canucks will throw in at least one extra year and at the end of your contract you will get to spend the winter in Arizona.  

Ha….ha….ha. 

• Haha 2

Just now, KyGuy123 said:

Who’s taking Johnson for a pick? That would have happened 2 years ago

Two years ago he had less term on his contract, and he's still a decent player. Just happens to be way overpaid for what he brings. If I'm a rebuilding team in need of players to fill out a roster and Tampa is willing to ship a first to get rid of Johnson, I'd take it.

2 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

What issue?

But can his judgment be trusted?   He thought his line was better with Eriksson as his winger

• Haha 1
  • RoughGame 1

7 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Most of CDC, other than a few posters, is pretty happy with the offseason so far.  The correct place for the whiners is HFboards.

I mean that if you look pretty much anywhere else, the general thought is that Benning hasn't exactly done a great job.

It's the opposite here, but only here.

The results support one "side", I'll let you guess which one. The other can only offer meaningless rhetoric having to do with "the plan" and "patience".

Quite Trumpian, actually.

"This will be the greatest rebuild ever, people tell me, all the time, it's remarkable. Everywhere I go the people say it. We're doing a great job."

Edited by kanucks25
  • Haha 3
  • Wat 1
  • RoughGame 3

3 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

What issue?

Out of 10, how happy was he?

And under the same scale, how unhappy was Hughes that Tanev was let go? (your choice if you want to consider the fact that the guy they booted him out for has also just been booted out a year later).

• Haha 1
  • RoughGame 1

1 minute ago, kanucks25 said:

I mean that if you look pretty much anywhere else, the general thought is that Benning hasn't exactly done a great job.

The results support one "side", I'll let you guess which one. The other can only offer meaningless rhetoric having to do with "the plan" and "patience.

"This will be the greatest rebuild ever, people tell me, all the time, it's remarkable. Everywhere I go the people say it. We're doing a great job."

You should post your tweets on Bleacher Report. 

5 minutes ago, Googlie said:

But can his judgment be trusted?   He thought his line was better with Eriksson as his winger

Well he was right, Pearson and Horvat without any right winger would just get overworked and tired.

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, kanucks25 said:

The results support one "side", I'll let you guess which one. The other can only offer meaningless rhetoric having to do with "the plan" and "patience.

And it's hilarious because the so-called "one side" is actually more balanced because we ACKNOWLEDGE Benning's mistakes, but we're able to recognize the good - like, you know, DRAFTING.

Apparently Benning sucks at drafting according to you, if we were to take you as a representative. You STILL cling onto the Gillis legacy days about how he was "building a winning team", so he somehow had the excuse to suck at drafting players outside of the first round.

It's all about balance - and the so-called "anti-Benning" crowd only criticize, but never recognize the good parts. In fact, they change the narratives to make Benning look worse. That's flat out dishonesty.

• Cheers 1